Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Druid' started by leninrocks, Apr 14, 2005.

1. leninrocks

leninrocks IncGamers Member

Advice Needed

I am currently building a strict elementalist druid. i am wondering what kind of weapons/armor i should be on the look out for? i plan on using the powers of wind, such as hurricane, more often then not.

Ben

2. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

Weapon wise, an Earthshifter springs to mind (+7 elemental skills).
    Armour wise, probably depends on your other stuff, as resists etc are going to be important. Ormus robes look nice with 10-15% increased elemental damage, fcr, mana regen. Or skin of the viper magi if you prefer skills and resistances.

You may want to pop a ravenlore on your head, if you can handle looking like a chicken :)

Lastly, make sure you check the windy druid guide(s)

DelBoy

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I just want to say that while Earthshifter gives considerable offensive prowess, it will also make you very fragile, since you need to spend so many stat points in strength. A more balanced combination would be a Heart Of The Oak runeword coupled with a good shield (Stormshield, Spirit, Lidless). That'll give you an adequate number of skills and vastly improve your survivability. A low-end option could be a Suicide Branch, or you could use a Wizardspike for the extra resists+mana.

For armour a Vipermagi is always good, Ormus Robes is only so-so in my opinion since the bulk of your damage is physcial from Tornado, if you're going with the typical Wind Druid template that is. High end armors are Chains Of Honor and Enigma, both very sweet.

Wind druids need the same gear as every caster does.

4. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

Good point - didn't think of that - thanks. Although I suppose you could always use a socket quest and put a hel in it. Brings the strength requirements down to just over 200.

DelBoy

5. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

cheaper alternative instead of HOTO might be Spirit made in crystal sword :D

U really need a shield for a windy! Storm is good! Dont know how good Spirit is though! could be nice! It can save u points to reach the fcr break points faster then with storm!

/Dec