Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Advice needed

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by BlackSnowSky, Apr 7, 2004.

1. BlackSnowSky

BlackSnowSky IncGamers Member

Advice needed

Hey. Im looking to make an UNTWINKED character that'll survive through hell. I've had a couple of attempts (zeal pally's mostly) but tend to fall down around late Act4 early Act5.

I was just wondering what you guys reckon the best SP character/build is? (please take into consideration that I am the pinacle of POOR (unless some kind soul wishes to help me lol)-I only use what I find (gamble)

Cheers

2. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Well a skelimancer can easily finish the game untwinked but they don't go well with everyone's play style because they can't get kinda boring. A pure or hybrid LF zon can do quite well I think but I don't have any experience with them personally.

3. Duy

Duy IncGamers Member

skellimancer!!!

with points distributed wisely through the summons and poison tree, you should get through the game untwinked with this guy! i know i did!

4. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

A fishymancer is a good build, theres a link to the guide in the SPF FAQ. I give it the Kaysaar Seal of Approval (tm)

5. tenaka

tenaka IncGamers Member

Skellimancer and BF/Trapper have both been fairly easy for me to get through without twinking. I hear the same about Hammerdins but I haven't really tried one for very long yet.

6. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

IMO, the skellimancer gets rocked hard in two places: Arcane Sactuary and Maggot Lair, both in Hell.

My first Pat/Mat of v1.10 was a Hammerdin. It was not my play style (i played barbs exclusively in 1.09 i.e. PvP, MF, PvM, etc), but I realy enjoyed the class. And the fact that only one monster in the entire game is totally immune to Hammers makes it that much sweeter.

crg

7. BlackSnowSky

BlackSnowSky IncGamers Member

I was under the impression that hammerdin's were too item specific (ie not for me) however ill look into it.

Also the links in the SPF FAQ arent working for me so if anyone has an excellent guide for either the hammerdin or skellimancer, can they please send it my way =)

8. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

Hammerdin Guide

Skelli/Fishymancer Guide

The Strategy Compendium is a sister site to RPGForums.net and provides some very decent 1.10 builds. Be sure to also check the specific character guides posted on the forums.

9. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

Which monsters would those be? Wailing Beasts, the Act3 magic-immune yetis that are neither undead nor demons?

10. jmcmahon24

jmcmahon24 IncGamers Member

I have found the fishymancer a really good char to start with. I played it as my first single player char and have played untwinked so far. I am now up to hell ancients and just haven't really had a good go at it yet, but I don't expect to see too much danger. I think there will be more chance of me dying of boredom than anything else while my skellies munch away.

Someone else mentioned that maggot lair and arcane sucked. I found maggot lair in hell particularly painful, however arcane wasn't that bad. And now i have lots of cool items to twink my other chars with - although I am running out of patience trying to find a tal's belt and tal's mask for my midlevel chain lightning/orb sorc. I'm sure now that I post this I'll find about 5 of each of them :).

James

11. Artea

Artea IncGamers Member

As everyone I vote for the Fishymancer (Raise Skeletons+Skeleton Mastery+Corpse Explosion). But in general, if you play untwinked your aiming toward a build that isn't too gear dependant thus excluding melee build (in my own opinion). I think the 3 best untwinked builds are:

- Fishymancer
    - Meteor/Frozen Orb Sorceress
    - Hammerdin

In the 3 I suggest the Fishy or the Hammerdin because there is fewer physical immunities (and you can Amp or Decrepify to remove the basics immune) and magical immunities.

My opinion. Artea.

12. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

exactly. They are the only non-demon/undead magic immune creatures in the game. Better rely on the merc or bust out smite/charge for these bad boys.

crg

13. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

Just a reminder about barbs; you know, the lords of 1.09, who are now about as popular as a loaf of bread at an Atkins Diet meeting?

They are viable in 1.10...sort of. The trick is to modify the pure hack/n/slash of old with some crowd control techniques. Use taunt, battle cry and war cry to keep packs weak, stunned, or, in the case of ranged characters, in striking distance. LR/FR must be as high as possible, as well as a healthy amount of "poison damage reduced by%" items, but that really only applies to the burning dead who throw poison bolts (who are nasty in Hell Act V). I am currently toying with replacing my barbs uber gear with some rare/magic or exceptional set/uniques, and see how he fares. If he stinks, I'll post a retraction, and blame Durf.

Steve