Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Advice for Smiter

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by SmiteforLifeDude, Aug 31, 2006.

1. SmiteforLifeDude

SmiteforLifeDude IncGamers Member

Advice for Smiter

Hey, I got a lvl 83 smiter. I want to know if items i use are good enough for solo or 2 person uber runs.
    - I use a P andys for my helm..havent socketed yet..What should i put inside
    - Fortitude GH
    - P 15 ed LW Zerker
    - 45+ all res Eth Exile Vortex
    - 2nd hand -> 5/5/4 Cta with 35% fcr spirit
    - Close to Perf Dracs
    - 180 ed Gores
    - 15/40 Verdungos
    - 240/ 20 raven, 4% Bk... Im getting a 5% soon
    - Highlords Ammy
    - 9 P combs... a few have 20+ life

MY dmg is 2.7- 4k

My merc uses:
    - Eth dream Spired
    - Eth Fort Wire Fleece
    - Eth Pride CA 20+ Concentration

My problem in D2X is that i tend to put a lot of points on strength so i ussually dont have that much health on all my chars. This smiter i'd say has about 1700 with bo.. Its preety sad but its a habit im trying to break...
    Advice on my Gear and Pally is welcome.. Thank You

2. Apophis

Apophis Banned

andy: RAL
    FORTITUDE:GOOD
    LW:GOOOOOOOD
    EXILE:GOOOOOOOOOD
    CTA SPIRIT:GOZU :D
    dracs:goood
    gores:good
    dungo's :good
    rings:good
    ammy:NOT SO GOOD,use MARA
    P combs:good
    for ubers you don't need merc..
    you can solo ubers alone with this gear.but with that life..you need more,try get 20 life SCS or rebuild the char as i did.BTW..try get anni and change that andy's with a shako for life ,a jah'ed shako

3. Bjam

Bjam IncGamers Member

My only concern would be your strategy for combating Mephy's conviction aura. It will lower your fire/cold/light resists by 125%. You need to have your resists at least 100% beyond maxed to avoid a 1 hit K.O. Conviction or Salvation can counter the effect too. Otherwise, your gear is overkill good. It should be easy and verging on boring.

4. Apophis

Apophis Banned

neah..i don't die from mephisto's conviction and his punch,i use fana because fade helps my resists..and the exile :Dsalvation is rarely used...

5. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

Well, I would say that Highlord is THE amulet to use...

Also, you might want to substitute some of the pc combats with res or life/res scs. Smiters do so well in tristram that combats are not really a must. Guardian angel is also good for resistances - uber boss killing is all about crushing blow so you do not need to focus on raw dmg so much.

I would also prefer Um Shako to jah one - unless lifetap triggers you are dead anyway - more res > 5% more life in this case:wink3:

Mike

6. munchkins

munchkins IncGamers Member

i have about 2k life woith bo and i solo ubers easily

my setup is much more resist oriented

helm: p umd maras
    shield: umd hoz
    armor:coh
    wep:grief pb

i use hilords for the 20 ias... it help hit that last bp, but if u use andys then u can change to maras for the res

i have no pcombs, but 280 res all means i take almost no dmg in ubers... i dont find DR to be an issue at all as most of the dmg there is elemental

no point on a 5ll bk cause smite doesnt leech.. get a 3ll so less chance of poof, or go with a wisp for light absorb (my preference)

go with grief instead of lw... u do more dmg, and gores for boots is all the CB you need... i kill all the ubers in under 2 mins with 15% CB and good dmg from grief.. having more then maybe 30 CB is useless IMO.. you sacrafice good dmg for maybe 10 seconds faster overall killing time

7. TheBhoy

TheBhoy IncGamers Member

I would say Highlords if your resists are that good over maras. Only if your resits are that good.

the rest of it looks good.

8. Sszark

Sszark IncGamers Member

There is no point in using Dracul's Grasp if you equip Exile. Steelrends would be superior in every way.

9. Apophis

Apophis Banned

"go with grief instead of lw"
    OMG,are you insane? LW is the king of ubers and dc clone,so much CB that every uber is DEAD in a few seconds..and i was thinking to take a 6 sox berseker axe to put 6 bers in it for 120 CB for my smiter.

10. marcello

marcello Banned

Well, CB is good until they have no life, 50% CB is enough, which is retained from Guillaumes face + Gore rider, don't start this again aphophis.

imo grief > LW, since you can get CB from other items, but +340-400dmg is not obtainable.

11. Desi

Desi IncGamers Member

The only thing needed for efficient ubers, is damage, life tap, life steal and atleast 75 res (if not stacked). if my v/t could solo uber taking on all three bosses, so can you.

12. munchkins

... max CB is 95%, so 6 bers would be wasted, and if you are gonna do that make it in a pb for the faster attack

more then 50% CB doesnt change killing time at all, and 15% is plenty for me
    try it and see

13. akatheeggman

akatheeggman IncGamers Member

Hey SmiteForLifeDude which mercenary did you choose? (from which act, difficulty, and was it defense combat or offensive?)

If anyone has a preference of mercenary for either a smiter or 1pt smite zealdin, what is it?

14. munchkins

i set a new personal record today with my 15% CB... under 2 mins for all 3 big ubers. Yes crushing blow is required, but waaaaay overrated