Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

advice for remaking gris holy shock paladin

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ohiostate124, Apr 10, 2015.

1. ohiostate124

ohiostate124 IncGamers Member

Recently reinstalled and I want to recreate a full Griswold holy shock paladin I used to have. Not sure what to socket or use for the other gear slots. Im pretty sure I used draculs grasp and verdungos. I thinking a raven frost for one ring and maybe seraphs hymn for ammy. Im pretty sure I also used a bunch of 5/5 light facets in the armor sockets.

Anyone have any opinions on what to socket in the weapon for attack speed breakpoints and what not? Appreciate any advice you guys might give.

2. Clervis

Clervis IncGamers Member

You'll need 105 additional IAS, by my count, to hit a 4-frame breakpoint. For a Tesladin, attack speed is key. Luckily, you have tons of sockets and 4 shaels will get you most of the way there. On the other hand, putting IAS jewels in your armor, helm, and shield can get you there and allow you to do some cool stuff with a lot of fancy ruins. 80% CB? 80% DS? ITD? All good options. Then, of course, a Faith Merc takes care of almost everything. 50% PDR? 56 PDR?

3. -PuA-

-PuA- IncGamers Member

You will want to use zeal to apply the lightning damage.

Here are the breakpoints for griz caddy (40% ias)

0 - 7/7/7/7/13 - 3.04
    7 - 7/7/7/7/12 - 3.12
    8 - 6/6/6/6/12 - 3.47
    18 - 6/6/6/6/11 - 3.57
    35 - 6/6/6/6/10 - 3.67
    42 - 5/5/5/5/10 - 4.16
    60 - 5/5/5/5/9 - 4.31
    109 - 5/5/5/5/8 - 4.46
    142 - 4/4/4/4/8 - 5.2

However, it will depend on if you are intent on using Holy Shock as the active aura or an Infinity merc. You need to decide this. Either way it's a fairly weak build compared to a dual dream, level 25 active conviction build. Or even a synergised holy fire or holy freeze with dream holy shock and infinity merc build.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  4. ohiostate124

Planning on holy shock as my main aura.

5. -PuA-

-PuA- IncGamers Member

Then you will struggle, it is a very weak build, you will not be able to break immunes. An Infinity merc can help with this, but you said you are using a Faith merc.

If you are using a Faith merc here are the breakpoints for griz caddy (40% ias)

0 - 5/5/5/5/10 - 4.16
    8 - 5/5/5/5/9 - 4.31
    30 - 5/5/5/5/8 - 4.46
    44 - 4/4/4/4/8 - 5.2

So you have all the ias you need, or if you want to find 4 ias from somewhere (8 ias with lvl 12 fana) you can hit the max breakpoint.

Obviously a faith merc should be strong enough to kill light immunes, but that will be very slow and laborious waiting for her to walk round into position.

Facets will be essential to bring resists to low or negative levels, another option would be to put 20 points into smite, which combined with the mercs fanaticism and the high damage of the vortex shield, will deal with light immunes very quickly, especially if the caddy has some ber runes in. With level 15 Fana you hit 6fpa smite with no extra ias. This could be quite a fun hybrid build, but will require a high level to finish it with the skill points required. You will probably want to max Holy shield > Smite if you chose this route.

6. ohiostate124

Never said I was using a faith merc. Planning on an infinity merc actually if I can get my hands on one.

7. -PuA-

-PuA- IncGamers Member

they only cost like 5 - 10 fg max, but then why go with gris? do you have your heart set on it? a dual auradin with fire and light would be better.

But yeah with infinity, 6 or 7 facets against broken immunes will be enough. A little extra ias in the weapon won't hurt either, especially if you decide to smite unbreakable immunes. 1 x 15 ias jewel or weapon shael will be enough to hit 5 frame zeal, depends if you use ias on gloves or amu, I wouldn't recommend it though. The usual setup is draculs and mara's.

8. ohiostate124

Yeah pretty set on it. I remember playing it the past and having a lot of fun with it. Probably one of my favorite characters.

9. Clervis

Clervis IncGamers Member

This is not a weak build. It's not in the same category as the lame max-dps zealots, but you're using Griswolds so I assume you know that. But, depending on how you build him, he can be a lot more rugged than many builds and still have really decent damage output.

Also, a Tesladin struggles far less with immunes than most builds because he also takes advantage of decent physical damage. Just max Zeal and Sacrifice and you'll be golden. I wouldn't recommend facets unless you can't figure out what else to do with your sockets. They won't be useful against immunes anyway. And smite won't put out as much damage as a synergized Zeal.

10. ohiostate124

Build is going to be a fully synergized one. Only thing I really am not sure of is the sockets. I was planning on some facets just because I did that last time.

11. Clervis

Clervis IncGamers Member

Ok, they're not a bad idea. IMO they should come after IAS, Resists, and CB in terms of importance.

12. ohiostate124

Other gear right now is Dracs, verdungos, gore riders, raven frost, bk, and seraphs hymn.