Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Advice for fishy v's Dclone?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by WNxZerker, Aug 17, 2010.

1. WNxZerker

WNxZerker IncGamers Member

Advice for fishy v's Dclone?

so I had a terrible time with Dclone tonight, and want to make the experience a bit more enjoyable should he walk the earth again.
    any advice for me?

Urdar revives, skill shrine for pre-buff, as many poison mage's as can be maintained ( I managed 4, I can only keep 5 on switch) prevent monster heal and good leech on merc (didn't have these), decrep and clay golem anything else I'm missing?

my level31 RS+31RSM was not enough to solo him, even with a few urdar's and mages, my entire army went poof in minutes, and I couldnt raise enough revives/mages and keep them long enough to get back to Dclone, I didn't have teleport (I'll fix that soon) I had to get a sorc into help (she couldnt solo either).

sorc rounded up revives and corpses for me, summoned army then straight back to town, then sorc goes in portal first, opens TP right ontop of clone, I go in and army is nicely stacked, decrep and static, it was over in under a minute. Next time I would like to solo him, without resorting to leveling a smiter/hammerdin

2. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop IncGamers Member

Re: Advice for fishy v's Dclone?

Does your merc have any crushing blow?

Not sure if it helps, but when I teleport my army right on top of him I have no issues.

3. RealmOftheWolf

RealmOftheWolf IncGamers Member

I would advise to find a teleport ammy/Enigma/Najs puzzler just for this occasion.

Guillames Face (35% CB) socket with 15 IAS jewel
    Eth Obedience Thresher (40 CB)
    Treachery (45 IAS) or Fortitude

This Set up will give a 6 frame attack (Fort) or 5 Frame(Treachery) with 75% Crushing blow which should rip apart Diablo Clone by himself. If you wield a Beast double axe you can with make the merc hit at 4 Frames which would absolutely thrash him.

4. HuggaBear

HuggaBear IncGamers Member

Failing that the tp trick is viable if you can take a hit or two, run right up to him and open it then drop back through.
    Obv merc with crushing blow is a VERY useful addition, speeds things up rather immensely..

If you have the prevent monster heal then there's no need for the poison mages...not many at least, I'd prefer a good mix, poison to stop regen, cold to slow him, even a little and fire/lightning for the (relatively) decent damage.

Merc is by far the most important one really, if you have crushing blow then it's a cinch. I've only got dclone once (thank you cheaters...everytime I get kicked due to lag spikes when they make him appear :()

CB is the key for them.

5. sticker

sticker IncGamers Member

Do you guys have trouble keeping your merc alive? Or do you spend lots of rejuves on him?

How about skellies? I notice that skellies can't seem to take more than a few hits from dclone. And my RS,SM is 32 or 33. Mages die in 1 hit..

@WNxZerker: We kicked his butt didn't we? :D

6. RealmOftheWolf

My merc rapes DC without breaking a sweat even without life leech.... I could switch to CoH but he doesn't really get hit with my army in the way.

7. WNxZerker

yeah my gear needs some upgrades.
    I'm now sitting on lvl34 RS and 34 RSM, that's 36 with a shrine, still want at least + 2 all more before I try again, I can get that with a better wand or a +skills armor for pre-buff

I'm looking at merc gear suggested and I think an Obedience is within my reach, but he would still need life leech, and I guess his G angel armor is a bit of overkill on the resistances :p I could try a Treachery on him, but not 100% convinced. merc still gets owned by OK's when amp'd, and it's going to be awhile till I have an engima and can tele him out of trouble. I'm not too worried by kill speed with Dclone, I am worried about having an entire setup stashed away just for him, and I need my army to survive just long enough for the damage they are able to do to get the job done.

we sure did, if I could manage that kind of kill solo, I'd be happy to think about ubers :p

8. RealmOftheWolf

Eth Obedience Thresher Hel + Ko + Thul + Eth + Fal
    Eth Duress Archon Sheal Um Thul
    Tals mask

This is a cheap and effective set up and your merc shouldn't have problems anywhere in hell

9. Zarniwoop

When I teleport my merc and army on top of him, I survive and kill him.

My merc didn't die when I killed him. He was using a cheap insight, gface and some throwaway armor.

10. WNxZerker

Round 2 with Dclone this morning. went much more smoothly.
    had sorc come in again, we have the tag team worked out well.
    sold the unid anni, and a few other items.

now I have enigma, Arm of King Leoric, merc has non eth thresher obedience, tals helm and a boneweave treachery. baal goes down in a flash compared to the time it used to take, and I'm looking forward to round 3 with Dclone, I'm now summoning lvl38raise skeleton and lvl438 mastery skellies, I'll have about10-15 udars, and stack them on Dclone's head. if I can get a skill shrine things should get nasty for diablo.

11. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

Enigma is a must for a necro to do d clone to tele minions on dc. Or you could use a tele charge but whats the point of that? It takes time getting those rare hrs. Just keep trying to search for items, hrs if possible, and trade when you get wealth gear. Good luck getting your enigma :)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  12. sirwhere

sirwhere IncGamers Member

u guys amplify or decrep him??

13. WNxZerker

Round 3 with Dclone, getting much better at this.
    unfortunately the game I got spawned with no Urdars, so I was using Marudars from A5 (the a2 guys with 4 arms) everything else I could find was ranged or slow.

I found a skill shrine and raised skellies at lvl40 with lvl40 mastery.
    now one might think that such an army would be unstoppable, but it has it's weak point.
    my might merc.
    he refuses to stay alive once Dclone gets to halfway between dead and the D on his health bar, by this point my mages are all dead as well so I have to fight against his health regen too, though not so much i guess, merc does have venom.

does my merc need more life leech? more defense? or just straight up more damage?
    he is using:
    non eth thresher obedience
    502 def boneweave treachery
    and tals mask :p
    Life 1867
    Res all 75%
    defense 2,233
    damage 954 -4150 with venom and enchant proc'd

ditch the tals for a ral'd andys?
    ditch the treachery for a fort?
    get a pride?

and as to my character skills, is it a good idea to dump some spare points into poison dagger? help take down that last sliver of health?

I can have 26 revives on my main weapon set, should I be taking that many into battle? I usually stop around 10 revives, especially if I cant get a big group of udars together.

what do you do when Dclone walks and you have no udars? go n get your smiter? or cs zon? I dont want to, I like my fishy, and I'd like to kill Dclone with him, I would take it as a great personal achievement.

oh and I've tried with both Decrip and amp, I amp if things are going alright, but as soon as he looks at my merc funny I decrip, merc lasts longer but he still dies (yes clay golem is out).

and I'm not just giving up when merc dies, I re summoned army 3 times rez'd merc so much I went broke and had to call in a smiter :(

14. RealmOftheWolf

Well there is nothing wrong with your mercs gear that I can see , Are you teleing on top of D clone?

15. GruffTuff

GruffTuff IncGamers Member

Do you use a Clay Golem? With both Decrepify and Clay Golem the DC will be very slow and should be easy to take down.

16. Zarniwoop

Clay golem and decrep.

I can't imagine fighting him without these. Sounds ridiculous.

17. sticker

sticker IncGamers Member

Fought him twice yesterday.. once at fire eye. Only needed 8 urdars to beat him down.

Other time was at eldritch, had to use maulers cos urdars didnt spawn. This was a bit more difficult due to disturbances from other monsters in the area. Needed about 10 or more maulers to take him down.

Pretty easy to do DC when you get it right imo. Like what everyone else says, lots of crushing blow is the way to go. And do him at fire eye where he's alone :p

18. WNxZerker

yeah I learned my lesson about doing him at eldritch, I'll be doing him in A2 north of the arcane portal from now on.

I decrip and Clay Golem, these are a must especially at my gear level.

I am tele'ing on top of him, but I'm not re-tele'ing during the fight, my minions don't unstack, but I think it might help keep merc alive as Dclone doesn't seem to hit merc straight away after i teleport, and by constantly tele'ing I can dodge his firestorm which KO's merc pretty fast.

do you guys attempt to hit Dclone as well or just stand back? I've got an Oath as recommended in the fishy guide for an extra 125% damage and 130% ar for minions. I haven't used it yet, it's a new addition. I still need to Um my shako and homunculus to make up for loosing the wizspike.

I've decided I will go for an Andy's for the merc, the extra +2 all skills for his jab and aura cant hurt, I'm also going to level up a bit, we are both only 87 at the mo.

the other problem is that when Dclone spawns I have 2 characters in the game, my anni mule on the laptop and necro on the PC, I will change that and bring in mule after Dclone dies, then he will have a touch less life.

19. IntellectSucks

IntellectSucks IncGamers Member

Think about putting some more points in mages, this way you can split them between poison and cold. With cold, decrep and clay golem, he can barely move enough to attack, let alone kill the merc. I did him with Guillames, Obediance thresher and lame armor on the merc. Also, only 7 revives. With a ton of mages, he went down real fast.

20. WNxZerker

well I guess fast is relative, I mean he goes down to that last little bit of health real fast, with no threat to my minions, I might loose 2 mages before he hits that point. and it happens in about 20-30 secs, that's fast, it's also the mercs Crushing blow.
    after he hit's that point it goes slow, and I mean slower than lvl20 skellies versus hell baal slow. I've watched it and his health bar moves about a pixel at a time, and if I re-tele he regens that pixel even though he is poisoned. and my army takes too much damage to survive the time it takes to bring him down. I can see it's possible, but i need to perfect my strategy and his stats, I was rocking a shocking 800hp. I also think a higher damage fast weapon with leech and Gface and a duress pre-buffed fade will be a better build for merc to take care of that last sliver of health. 1/8th of 660,000 is still 82,500 hp that needs to come down.

I've stripped the necro to work on other chars, I'm working on replacing the necro's gear and then I will test him against Uber Diablo in uber trist. I have organ sets to spare, but when Dclone appears I cant mess around, the anni is worth too much to me to risk dropping the game or dieing and missing out on a kill.