Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Adventures of Hooblar-NublarPK

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by SonOfRah, Apr 6, 2004.

1. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

Adventures of Hooblar-NublarPK

Well I got bored and went for a small killing run with a telecro until he died.

lvl 25 necro - merc had a strength eth partizan, while the IG was made out of a Arioc's Needle (~340 max) socketed with an Ith rune for laughs (ok, seriously I didn't mean to socket the damn thing with an Ith rune, I swear it jumped into my hand instead of that pSaphire). Rest of the gear was life, with the complimentary tele staff on switch. You wouldn't believe how much "noob abuse" I took because of that Ith rune. Some person even wanted to know how I made that Ith Arioc's Needle. *sigh* 1) get an Arioc's Needle, 2) insert Ith rune.

I lived for about 3 days. 38 ears and finnaly died while trying to kill a 73 hammerdin with enigma. :scratch: That kinda hurt me, funny thing was that it was nearly a double KO as I teled just before he did so my merc/IG hit him pretty hard while he was amped. ~15 of those ears were pkers who tried to jump me at the wp, and another 5 or so was from pkers who chased me down. The rest was done by good old fashioned pking from travincal normal to travincal NM.

Most enjoyable ears have to come from those level 40+ lamers who hostile in lowbie runs. Got about 10 ears that way. My best ear was from a 65 hammerdin who tried to jump me at the NM travincal wp. Poor guy didn't see what hit him. Sacriest moment I had was when I faced off against a marrowwalk necro. Each BS took off about 99% of my life, which was amazingly crazy fun. I ended up fluxing him from a nice timed tele attack, but my heart was pounding like mad considering one slip up or small lag spike and I would have died. Upped snap/steeldriver pkers were very fun to kill. Harder to time the tele's now since charge speed is way faster now, but still fun.

For those who have a Arioc's Needle or two lying around and want to give a telecro a whirl its a pretty nice IG weapon. The DS on it more than makes up for it, as every second hit you deal about 800 pvp damage (average) from the IG with Amp and might. Max is about 1k or so. Usefull for a telecro who intends to hunt chars below level 60. After that you really want a better weapon. Still a nice 35% or higher ed jewel will probably go pretty well in it.

That or an Ith rune ^^

Look like I found my pkers finaly! And with that ends my small stint back into diablo. :buddies: Now back to testing GW :creep:

2. NeoSolidSnake

NeoSolidSnake IncGamers Member

Nice rah :D

Good ole dependable telenecro :D

hows'about you send me GW as well ;)

3. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Damn Rah, having to resort to using hacked items to pk. First one to use an Ith in 1.10... :lol:

Good thing about telenecro I suppose would be the good chance for a 1 hit kill on all the chickeners.

4. det

det IncGamers Member

Hm...do you go all out Golem mastery here and 2 pts IG? Or throw some skellies in? Or is it all Bonewall and 1 in Armour for damage absorb?

And a Might merc (which kinda gives it away that you are rushed to Act 2 NM). I figured to use something like 6 Skellies for a permanent stun lock, but maybe that is not as effective :scratch:

5. SonOfRah

I ignore skele's. Skele's generally means that the player isn't as skilled, since skele's means more chance of forcing the player into blocking - which then allows for a greater chance of the IG/merc hitting and not getting blocked

generally.
    max mastery
    1-2 into golem
    rest into amp/bone armor/bone wall.

you can go without the merc, as I did that toget back into the tele attacks mode of gameplay in norm trav runs. cutting the max damage down to 400 or so per hit pvp after amp gives them a little more leeway. A couple of accidents occured on their side, but thats their fault of having a char below level 25 doing trav runs.

6. sonikki_

sonikki_ IncGamers Member

sounds nice, i think ill build me a one for fun :) where was it again where u can shop for telestaff? and ist teleamu just as good?

7. SonOfRah

ormus in act3 normal. take a level 20-30 char with about 70k gold or so, and you should have a staff pop up within 5 mins (for me its generally about 10 tries or less).

costs anywhere from 10k gold to about 200k gold :p

teleamu's are lvl 48 req, while staffs are level 24 req.

8. det

det IncGamers Member

Skellies for less skilled pk's...that would be me..never pk'ed so far :lol:

BTW..got a telestaff from Marla..cost me 100 K...so thats about the range

9. Geniuz[TUW]

Geniuz[TUW] IncGamers Member

Too bad you died hope you didnt lose many charms

I was thinking about making one too but i didnt know exactly how to build it.

The weapon i'm going to use is The cranium basher (i think its possible dont know for sure though). The necro itself is going to wear a 3 socket breastplate until i can buy an artisan breast plate of the gargantuan (once again i dont know if it is possible).

As for skills i was thinking about putting some points in boneprison to stop people from moving but i dont know if i can teleport next to them and kill them and 4 points in amp (because the radius is a nice round number then ;)
    Is putting 2 points in summon resist a waste or necessary for the survival of the golem.

How about your resistances @ normal diff ?? With my gear i'm @ 20 res all (anya quests) because i'm building my necro from items allmost nobody wants in trades and a Charged Striker or good (orb)sorc will allmost 1 hit(orb) KO me??

geni

:edit: There was a bug with teleport amu's?? I traded a teleport amu with 55 life and the level req was level 22!!!! i triple checked this because i didnt think it was possible and i found a plain teleport amu which said lvl 18 req!!. But i looked again and they both are lvl 48 now =[

10. SonOfRah

invent was the ussual of crap to good charms. ended up with about 1.1k life then an extra 100 or so armor

cube was in the invent as it makes a usefull spot to dump multiple ears quickly :D

Don't worry about prison. Its hard to actually get people trapped in it then tele. You'd end up with more ears if you'd just tele. The bone wall is specifically for dueling versus chargers and kickers. By guiding them along a specific path you can force the dvantage to you.

don't bother with cranium basher (t-mauls can be made into golems....you don't ever want to meet my very origional IG. cruel eth t-maul with 2 jools. ~1.3k or so max pre evil). There is way better IG than basher. Tho if you only intend to pk belowv lvl 40 its alright as the low dmg makes it slightly fairer. If you want to duel, use something better.

nat res is up to you. I generally sink 1 or 2 points into it, and let +skills do the rest.

Hmm, I think my guide to this build was reposted a while ago as well, though it may have gotten kicked off the forums ^^

3 socket breast plate is actually better than a 4 socket eth goth plate for the life :p run the numbers.

11. SonOfRah

with regards to level req on tele ammies.

a sorc will always see a tele ammy as level 18 req or higher if other mods push the req up. any other character will see the ammy as a level 48 or higher req.

12. Geniuz[TUW]

ah yes that explained a lot (high level retired sorc as trader)

i ran the numbers and came to that conclusion =]

about the weapon: you used an arioc needle 340 max and i just checked the items section again to make sure it doesnt say +max dmg/clvl. My cranium has a max of 610 dmg and no dependencies of lucky rolls (ds) and the crushing blow is nice. There are defenately better weapons but i dont want to spend hours of finding one and the cranium is the best i have at the moment. ( i do have ariocs too i think )

btw what do you mean with "every second hit you deal about 800 pvp damage (average) from the IG with Amp and might". Does this mean that the first hit does more or less dmg then that ??

13. SonOfRah

50% DS.

run the numbers.

Average is ~250. 1/2 pvp penalty is cancled by amp. Might brings it to ~500, DS brings it to 1k. max possible is 340*2*2 = 1.4k with DS, amp and might.

Without DS average is ~500 a hit, or ~750 max. So on average, you will see about 750 pvp damage a hit comming from the golem itself.

cranium. max is 610, average is about 300 I think. 300 pvp after amp, 600 after might. max you will see is ~1.2k, but thats a huge range diff.

Idealy you'd want an eth honor t-maul. ~740 max, 25% DS. you can get to about 2.5k max or so from the golem. Average is about 800 without DS. Taking into consideration DS and max, it should be somewhere around 1.3k pvp damage per teleport. My calcs are probably off, but it should be close.

14. Geniuz[TUW]

hmm i didnt look at it like that
    you didnt list the Cb but thats only provitable with high life chars i think (1/10 hp pvp right??)

i think an eth ariocs isnt that hard too find so maybe i can better use something like that

thanks for your input

geni

15. SonOfRah

CB doesn't really kill since it kicks in after the main damage. Its usefullness is rapidly lowering somethings life total with rapid attacks, hence kickers go very well with it.

16. Vizjerei

Vizjerei IncGamers Member

What is the golum dies, do you then need another Ariocs Needle?

Im not the great necro player :)

17. NeoSolidSnake

NeoSolidSnake IncGamers Member

Yea, but your golem wont die that easily..

unless you run and it'll disapear(my eth cruel silveredge axe did that >< )

but its pretty easy, see them coming, teleport, amp(or vice versa) and hope your golem and merc lands a few blows

18. HR-Tecira

HR-Tecira IncGamers Member

And here I have been trying to cube a cruel t maul (figured it was a good use for the chips I pick up when making new chars). Guess I will look into potentially ariocs needle since i have a few lying around ;).

19. SonOfRah

lol Tec :p

I was a bit warry at first until I sat down and ran the numbers through my head. If it wasn't for the DS I would not have gone after anyone higher than level 40...in fact I probably would have used something else that offered far higher damage.

As it was, it was barely enough to go hunting in NM for level 40+. Eth ones would be excellent for sure.. combined with a high (30+) ed jewel. 8 of my kills were above level 50 which was close. Fireball sorcs and blizzard sorcs were mean. Luckily I didn't get hit (-ve res yay!!).

Frankly I was suprised I killed the 65 hammerdin. I expected him to have more life than that :)

Killing chargers who try to jump me at the trav wp was hillarious. I'd go down, run out the door and bone wall the door. If I timed it right my merc/golem were on the other side. He'd come down and I'd amp. About this time he'd charge the wall, but my golem/merc would hit him thus stopping him from charging again. A quick tele and he'd die since taking a hit earlier.

20. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Rah, do you like the ariocs over windhammer because ot the +2 to skills? I have a choice with my telenecro.