Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Advance on a Sorc Build for a beginner?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Wasabicheese, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Wasabicheese

Wasabicheese IncGamers Member

Advance on a Sorc Build for a beginner?

Hey, i just recently picked up a battlechest for this and I'm looking into getting into it. I've decided that for my first character im probably going to use a sorceress, but I'm having trouble picking a build. I've heard that the frost orb is a cheap and effective spell, and was think about using that and another element. Any suggestions?

2. Keemossi

Keemossi IncGamers Member

Re: Advance on a Sorc Build for a beginner?

Rather, pick an element and then Frost Orb. Frost Orb is the cheapest secondary element choice, it's good without synergies, with few points in Cold Mastery.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427018 <- lots of sorc builds there

Meteorb is effective, and simple build. Get Meteor and it's synergies + Fire Mastery, a point in Static Field (or few) and Teleport, perhaps a point in one of the frost shields, and Frost Orb+few points in Cold Mastery. Normal is best played using fire spells, then start maxing Frost Orb at ~Nightmare.

Frost Orb and Chain Lightning is basically the same, just substitute Meteor with CL.

Stat points are even simpler, and that goes for most classes:
    Strength enough for gear you want to use, 100'ish should be enough, 155 max

Dexterity 0 points, or enough to keep max block% with a good shield (60% block chance or so, at least)

Vitality gets everything else. Raising energy in the beginning can be helpful, but as little as possible. Especially Meteorb-sorcs don't really need energy that much, both Meteors and Frozen orbs have a small cooldown.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Re: Advance on a Sorc Build for a beginner?

Don't take just any meteor synergy, but fireball. You will use fireball most of the time anyway while meteor is only used on opponents which are fixed in place for some reason (in melee with merc or party members, behind an obstacle etc) and the two skills synergize each other. In summary, max meteor, fireball, fire mastery and frozen orb. As said, a single point goes into warmth, static field, teleport, cold mastery and frozen armor, as soon as possible (that also counts for fire mastery). Remaining points go into either another meteor+fireball synergy or (my choice) cold mastery. Don't use energy shield in this case, it will deplete your mana bulb in inopportune moments.

Es said, it's similar with lightning/frozen orb sorc, it's lightning/chain lightning instead of fireball/meteor then.