Advance curse question

ELNINO

Diabloii.Net Member
Advance curse question

Hey, I was reasearching the mojomancer build and needed to know some information on curses. It seems a lot of curses get overrided when you cast another curse. What curses still continue to work even after another curse has been cast? For example, if I cast confuse then IM, will both curses work at the same time?

ELNINO said:
Hey, I was reasearching the mojomancer build and needed to know some information on curses. It seems a lot of curses get overrided when you cast another curse. What curses still continue to work even after another curse has been cast? For example, if I cast confuse then IM, will both curses work at the same time?
Im sure that attract cannot be overridden and lasts for its duration (and u cannot 'refresh' it either, u need to wait till it disappears then cast it again).

im not sure about confuse tho. never used it after i got attract :lol:

sorry mate

sequoia

Diabloii.Net Member
not sure on the exact list of curse priority, but...
you can never have two curses present on one target

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
ELNINO said:
For example, if I cast confuse then IM, will both curses work at the same time?
No, they will not. The only time you can "stack" is when you put LR on a target, poison the target and the switch to another curse. The target will behave as though it is under the influence of both LR and the other curse. This effect works only for the duration of your poison. If you want to poison the target again and still gain benefits from LR, you need to curse it with LR again.

ComeOutAndPlay was right on Attract, It can not be overridden so you can use it in conjunction with another curse.

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Terror is another that can be "stacked" The monster will remain running away even if you curse it with another curse. I'm not sure how useful that'd be though. I suppose adding decrepify could make it the insult before the injury.

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Terror + Attract might work. Make them run toward a crowd that will immediately try to kill them, lol.

I'd like to know if Confuse can overwrite Dim Vision, and if IM overrides Confuse? I'm considering making some Mojomancer variant with basic curse pattern being DV the crowd, Confuse a smaller part, Attract then IM around the attracted monsters. I know Amp does more damage when combined with Thorns, but IM gives me more control of radius.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Liliel said:
I'd like to know if Confuse can overwrite Dim Vision, and if IM overrides Confuse?
Every curse will overwrite a previously cast curse. The exception to this rule is Attract. It can't be overridden.