Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Adult Topic Serious Infertile

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by magicalkitty, Nov 14, 2006.

1. magicalkitty

magicalkitty Diabloii.Net Member

Adult Topic Serious Infertile

Well I have a real big bad problem. A few month ago I found out that I'm infertile (no sperm at all) not just low sperm count. Well my wife and I have decided on doing artifical insemination (she is able to have kids).
    Well the closer we get to doing this; the more crappy I feel about my problem. BTW my wife has been very supportive and has always been there for me. But now it is to the point that I want to talk to other guys that have the same problem, to help me coupe.
    So does anyone know any websites i can go to, to get some help.

thanks much

gilbert aka magical-kitty

2. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName Diabloii.Net Member

Always look on the bright side of things: No need for condoms.

3. Mecal

Mecal Diabloii.Net Member

werd.

But I have to ask - how come you didnt know about this before?

4. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

I don't know of any sites that would offer support, Google may be more help than anyone here in that area.

I don't know what else to say besides "that really sucks dude", I guess fertility is one of those things most people take for granted.

I hope you find a good support group and your child is healthy.

5. Phesto

Phesto Diabloii.Net Member

Here: Click

6. adamfgt78

adamfgt78 Diabloii.Net Member

Because unless you actually try to conceive and things aren't working, you'd pretty much never have this tested. It's not like most men that are infertile are not ejaculating semen; there's just no/not enough sperm in the semen.

So is it actually ZERO sperm generation? Such that they are unable to extract the sperm for the artificial insemination? Or will you be pursuing another option to acquire sperm?

7. DurfBarian

DurfBarian Diabloii.Net Member

If you find a sperm donor you're happy with (if you're producing none at all and extraction isn't an option) then the child you raise together will get far more from your love and care than it would have from your contribution to the genetic makeup. You can still be a great father.

That said, the instinctual drive is strong . . . we all want to see our very own kids running around. Go take a look at that link from Phesto. Googling for fertility/infertility +forum might find you some other places to share stories with people in the same situation.

Sounds like your wife is a good one. :smiley:

8. Dondrei

Dondrei Diabloii.Net Member

On the bright side, no need for a vasectomy.

9. Dutchman

Dutchman Diabloii.Net Member

Speaking as a parent sperm is less than 1% of the equation. Changing diapers at 3 am when you have a 7am meeting makes you a parent. Comforting a child with a "ghastly" skinned knee makes you a parent. Teaching a child something new makes you a parent. Watching a child get that spark that tells you they just learned something new makes you a parent. Holding your arms out wide while your kids rush to your embrace makes you a parent. Having sperm in your spunk is way down the list.

Is it important? Yes, this is a difficult concept to get your head around, but any kids you might have via any means will be YOUR kids. You may retain that small place in the back of your head where the sadness of that lack of genetics resides, but the pure joy of watching a child grow will kick the living **** out of that feeling. Don't feel guilty if it bother you, I think thats only natural, but I expect you will revel in the ten thousands days of joy rather than focus on the one day of regret that might go along with all this.

Good luck, and when it happens, hug that little snarfer for me.

Dutch

10. Bortaz

Bortaz Banned

Sorry to hear, pal.

I think I probably have a similar problem. I've been in several long term relationships where no birth control was used, and I never managed to get any of them pregnant (including my wife).

However, my wife had a child, and that child now has a child of her own, which I am very much enjoying as a surrogate kid-o-bortaz.

11. Dondrei

That reminds me, I think everyone should refer to you as Grandpappy Bortaz.

12. Bortaz

Bortaz Banned

Apparently, I'm doomed to be called 'Poppy'.

13. Dondrei

You are now, fool! Muhuhahaha!!!!

14. magicalkitty

magicalkitty Diabloii.Net Member

thanks every1 esp. dutch you made me feel alot better, that is what i need to do is think about all the fun times I will have with my child.
    the 1 thing that bugs me is that the guys at work that have kids are alway saying stuff like "thank god u dont have kids yet ; be happy that u have your freedom" and stuff like that. i just tell them i know it is going to no picnik all the time but im ready to have to get up at 3am to change or feedthe baby and all the other stuff that comes with having kids.
    i know that they dont mean nothing by it but it still hurts.
    just to let every 1 know we will be starting the frozen pop treatments hopefully in january. so ill keep u all informed

thanks again gilbert

15. myleftfoot

myleftfoot Diabloii.Net Member

I'm very sorry to hear this and I don't think it's appropriate for other posters to crack gags. Perhaps there are groups that your doctor could recommend?

Best of luck.

16. skihard

skihard Banned

Dude I love my kids, all 4 of them, I'd never give them up for anything but yeah there are times you go WTF was I thinking, 4 kids!! Hell 1 kid would be to much. The good news is that moment passes very quickly the oldest is from my wife's previous marriage and I love her just as much as the other 3, granted right now I'm not liking her much because of the stupid hormone changes she is going though that makes her walk around in some sort of pissy funk 91% of the time, but still I love her. I met her when she was only 14 months old so for me I consider her mine (well except for when she throws that "you're not my dad" **** in my face) so if you and your wife have one from birth whether it's from your junk or another's you will still feel it is yours.

on a side note I was tested when I was younger and found to also be lacking of swimmers, the doctor suggested many things to change that so talk to a urologist and see what he has to say. There may be some help for you.

17. bladesyz

bladesyz Diabloii.Net Member

On a bit of a tangent, wouldn't adoption be a better alternative than artificial insemination? It costs less, there are no risks of getting triplets or quadruplets, and you might not even have to worry about the whole diaper thing. Not to mention the lack of 9 months of pregnancy and painful labor.

Plus, you help make one less unfortunate child in the world.

18. myleftfoot

I'm guessing she wants a child.

19. bladesyz

bladesyz Diabloii.Net Member

You get a child with adoption. Just one that's not of your genetic makeup. I guess some women romanticize the whole nine-months pregnancy thing.

20. myleftfoot

Yes, it's crazy isn't it :rolleyes: