Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Adrian Peterson out for the season

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by llad12, Oct 14, 2006.

1. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

Adrian Peterson out for the season

The college football Gods must be against the Sooners this season :hang:

MSNBC

How unfortunate ... :sad:

2. LonghornRob

LonghornRob IncGamers Member

What an idiot, injuring himself on a TD dive. But oh well, its not like OU had anything big to play for this season anyway.

But in all seriousness, let's hope this doesn't hinder his decision any to head to the NFL at the end of the season. Many times a player will get injured for the year and think they should head back to college for an extra year when in fact the best idea is to cut your losses and head to the draft so that another more serious injury doesn't occur. And, in Peterson's case, the injury won't affect how well he runs, so he should be good to go in the upcoming draft.

3. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

Typical response from a Longhorn ... :thumbsdown:

What was there to play for?

For the team, the rest of the season.

For the records, OU's all time rushing record (Peterson only lacked 150 yards to overtake the record of Billy Sims)

For the player: the Heisman Trophy :king:

For the fans: he was a joy to watch. :jig:

Thx for the memories AD. You will be missed. :wave:

4. Echod16

Echod16 IncGamers Member

Unfortunatly, i think you're serious here, so incase you never saw the replay thye showed many timesbon ESPN, he was pushed down on the TD run, and landed a little awkwardly on his shoulder, crap happens, and this time it happened to one of the better running backs i've ever seen

I predict the Texans take him as the #3 pick

yeah, and he returns to the last game to get the record

5. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

You're saying there's 2 people that NFL teams want over him? I was born and raised in Texas, and I hate the crimson and cream as much as the next Longhorn, but if I have the #1 pick this draft, I take him. He's proven he can bounce back from injuries, and he gets stronger as the game goes on. Perfect qualities for a running back.

That said, I doubt rob was serious. He's just jabbing at the fact that OU lost already to a Big XII team, so any serious BCS hopes they had are gone.

6. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla IncGamers Member

It's a shame to see a player of his caliber go down like this. Injury struck Louisville's Michael Bush earlier in the season, and now the football gods have struck AD as well. I personally won't be surprised if he returns to play next season. Good luck with the remainder of the season, Sooners.

P.S. The Jets might as well take their chances now, and start intentionally losing to try and pick up AD. :laugh:

7. LonghornRob

LonghornRob IncGamers Member

I agree here, Peterson will be the best draftee coming out, BUT there might be two teams worse than the Texans who don't necessarily need a RB, like Oakland and San Francisco, or even Detroit. Oakland and Detroit both need QBs and San Fran needs a line and possibly a premier receiver.

And you hush llad, I didn't mean literally what was there to play for but I was talking more about the national championship race. You're out of the NC race and the BCS race, and these are the only two important goals for both Oklahoma and Texas' football teams each year. Once you're out of The Hunt, all you're left with is a mediocre bowl game.