Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Adria - Inventory Management System

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Kijya, Aug 5, 2009.

1. planqi

planqi IncGamers Member

Re: Adria - Inventory Management System

Hmm, I've collected a large item database over my time using this nice program and I've noticed that 4.4.0 starts a lot slower than 4.3.0. It also makes my computer much less responsive when it starts (I should have the cores/cpu to spare too...).

2. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

No error messages from the OCR as to why the scan didn't work? Did you make sure that single lock is set to OFF (press F3)?

The ingame window now shows how full your characters are, so the extra time is probably caused by those calculations. There are ways we could make both the start faster and ways for it to be more responsive during start. Please fill in an issue report on the google code page regarding this and we'll look into it once we've got time.

3. Peter VDD

Peter VDD IncGamers Member

Nope, no response at all.
    I did. I tried all 4 combination of single/multi lock on/off, it doesn't make a difference.

I got back to 4.3.0 meanwhile, where things are somewhat better. My earlier problem here was also solved completely by changing the compatibility mode to winXP. Now, in 4.3.0, Adria still "breaks" sometimes, but here at least restarting Adria has solved the problem every time for me.

So I continued my research there and this is what I found so far:
    * When started, up, even when the OCR is turned on, everything works flawlessly.
    * After the first item has been scanned, the mouse pointer becomes invisible when hovering over the Adria window. This remains until the OCR is turned off. No big deal on itself.
    * After (succesfully) scanning 6 items, Adria "breaks". Specifically it somehow loses (at least part of) it's key hook, as even F12 doesn't work to start and stop the OCR -- and it's more severe than just the hook, as even when I put the focus on the Adria window, the F12 key still doesn't work to turn off the OCR (and when it's stopped, F12 doesn't turn it back on either). Here, the mouse bug I mentioned above also comes in very unhandy: due to the invisibility, it takes some trial&error to get the mouse pointer on the button to stop the OCR.
    When the OCR is stopped, the mouse is back, even after breaking, but the keyboard (or at least the F12 button) remains dysfunctional. Adria remains broken until the application is closed and re-started. Interesting to note is that breaking seems to happen always after exactly 6 items. I don't know why, perhaps some cache that is full? Stopping and restarting the OCR inbetween items doesn't change this: after 6 items, Adria breaks. It is also not time-dependent: adding them fast or with a 10-second delay between them doesn't make a difference.

The above happens consistently to me (5 times in a row now). I hope this information helps you in debugging. If there's something else you want me to try, please let me know.

4. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

Once again a screenshots could have helped but if you've gone back to 4.3.0 I guess I'm a bit late in asking.

Thanks for providing feedback, but with 4.4.0 beta out we're really not going to go back to fixing 4.3.0. The OCR is a complete rewrite between the two, and the ingamewindow was changed so much that there's not much use looking at 4.3.0 at this point. We where aware of the 6 item limit and tried to fix it with 4.4.0 ... "beta".

5. Peter VDD

Oh. Ok, I'll get back to 4.4.0 then... however iirc this breaking thing happened in 4.4.0 as well (but not after 6 items). The breaking was pretty similar there, except that after a few breaks it was unrepairable. I'll reinstall 4.4.0 then and see if it I can fetch you some relevant information there.

6. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

The problem seems to be that the keyhook is completely stopped at some point. Justaplayer has made a reset/restart hook function that has worked during testing, but we don't know how to detect when it needs to be applied.

Of course preventing adria from loosing the hook would be the best solution, but atm we don't know why it happens in the first place ...

7. Peter VDD

In 4.3.0, yes. In 4.4.0, no: when the fatal break occurs (or at least after restarting Adria after this fatal break), most keys (like F12) still function properly. It's just the F8 button which seems to do nothing.

I was able to scan +/- 20 items without any problem, and then again a break occured. However, it was again the fatal break I mentioned, as restarting Adria didn't solve the problem.

A screenshot of the current situation is here: http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/9452/adria2.png
    F8 doesn't seem to do anything. Both SingleLock and MultiLock are off and no error messag appears. Since the other key presses (such as arrows are F9/10/11/12) are being recorded without any problem, I'm not sure that the problem is with the hook this time. Especially since restarting Adria doesn't help, I would assume that restarting only the hook mechanism will not solve the problem either. :(

Clearing the SingleAdd & MultiAdd caches doesn't solve the problem. So, this perhaps gives you an idea where to locate the problem: it's not in the single & multi caches (or at least clearing them doesn't help), but it does get stored on disk (as it survives restarts of the Adria program).

By the way, a side question: is it normal that after removing 1 letter from the database (after a typo), I have to re-calibrate as good as everything? It feels as if the entire database gets cleaned every time I remove one letter.

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  8. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

If restarting doesn't solve it then it must be some kind of stored setting. As it stands I can't look into it atm, too much rl stuff taking my time. However report it as a new issue on the googlecode page, remember to include as much info as you can, both entries in the adria.log and screenshots can help us find out what's wrong.

To be honest I'm not that happy about the current system for storing them myself, opening the mdb in access to fix a typo during calibration is rather bothersome. I might move the symbol recognition info to a txt file and add some tools to fix errors in the future.

That said it should still work if you open the mdb, edit, and then save it correctly (access 2002-2003 database). To be sure the edits have been made you can use "save as" into a different folder, and then replace the one in your adria install path with the new one manually ... I don't trust access completely ...

9. Peter VDD

Screenshots look normal, no log entry for the key loss in 4.3.0, however for the 4.4.0 problem the log is full of errors 91, all on the same file/method/line.

Code:
    Error number: 91
    Description: Object variable or With block variable not set
    File: frmInGame
    Method: KeyToItemTab
    Line: 105
    Additional Values: 
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll have a look at issue report thing on the google code page.

10. Warlawk

Warlawk IncGamers Member

So I've just grabbed this tool to check it out, got everything up and working and it looks like a nice powerful tool. I only have one issue with it...

The tradelist output is just ugly as can be and kind of a mess. The 'manual' talked about guides of a sort, but it just linked back to this thread and there doesn't appear to be anything of the sort here.

If anyone is able to offer some tips I would be most appreciative. I am just looking for a very simple output (for use on JSP) that would list the item type, maybe defense for armors. For the unidentified stuff I would like it to simply list 'unique' or 'set'. If anyone is able to throw out some quick tips to trim down the ugly trade list output I would be very appreciative. Frankly, trade list output is the only reason I wanted to use the tool so I didn't want to put too much effort into this or it kind of defeats the purpose.

11. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

If you search this thread for posts made my me that contain "tradelist" you should get a few useful tips on how you can customize the output. A video guide will be made but not right away, occupied with rl stuff.

12. Shauku

Shauku IncGamers Member

i'm having issues getting it to work on my comp. i run windows 7, download and install but i get a fatal error and it says there are compatibility issues...

13. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

Installed codejock controls? Tried the different compatibility modes?

14. Shauku

Shauku IncGamers Member

i all i did was install the 4.04 beta i think it what it was. is there something else i should be downloading?

edit i got it. didn't do the codejock controls

15. Warlawk

Warlawk IncGamers Member

Tried that and came up with like 3 pages of results and the first few didn't appear to be anything relevant to what I was looking for. So no guides or anything currently exist for turning the 'tradelist' output into something that's vaguely useful?

16. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

There's no all covering guide, if you're looking for that then you'll have to wait until I can spend the time needed to make one. However to get you started all you need to do is select a node in the tradelist templates and hit the edit button.

1. Settings are node local.
    2. In the root node only global settings matter.
    3. In header nodes only header formatting matter.
    4. In item nodes only item settings matter.
    5. The templates are printed in the order specified by the nodes, children before siblings.
    6. Settings can be passed down to all sub nodes by pressing the pass down button.
    7. Remember to hit the save button above the list of templates after doing changes.
    8. [CR] = carriage return, insert into formatting fields to control line spacing.
    9. Tooltip's are available for almost all settings, explaining what they do in short.
    Here's a small example on how one can remove the list of mods and only list item names in the entire tradelist.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjEzyrgyxPI

The custom replace function found in the "other" tab of the tradelist maker window can handle all final "find and replace" needs you have at the end of a printout. Use insert to add new entries, delete to remove selected entry.

17. Warlawk

Warlawk IncGamers Member

Thanks a ton, that was exactly what I needed to get me moving. Now, I do have a further question.

I've gone in to the Pride trade node because I like that layout best. I've edited the reduced text options to everything other than defense, because I would like that displayed.

[​IMG]

I used the Pass Down function, and then manually verified that each child tab received those settings properly. Tagged Ok, tagged save and then clicked print. However, it's still giving me a lot of the selections I removed.

It's coming out looking like that, which has a lot of the things I had tagged as removed. I made sure to properly hit OK, save and then print. I closed the tradelist editor and reopened it to ensure it wasn't an issue there, I even completely closed the program so I needed to reload it, reload the list, reload the list editor and such all to the exact same results. Is there a step or minor detail somewhere here that I'm missing that is preventing those settings from properly updating?

EDIT: I use win7, but have the program set to run in windows xp compatibility and to run as an administrator.

18. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

Not sure why the ")" is placed on the next line, are there empty lines at the end of your item descriptions? Do you have "No empty lines" checked (settings->OCR tab)?

The reason the text reducing functions are not working is most likely because you use upper case for everything, they are case sensitive I fear. I should probably make it so that the user can edit all identifier strings used in those functions... will be needed if we are to add multi language support anyway. However I cannot spare the time to program this change right now.

If you wish to keep having your tradelists in all upper case at least abbreviations can still be used without any coding changes, however again they are case sensitive, so for your uppercase mods you'll have to add your own as described here:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7870820#post7870820

Another option is to let the OCR scan your items correctly using both upper and lower case, and then use the custom replace function I mentioned in my last post to do the replacement from "a->A" etc at the end of the printout.

19. Warlawk

Warlawk IncGamers Member

Thanks, that's probably the issue. The 'no empty lines' selection is active, but it most likely just has something to do with the caps.

The caps was not actually a specific choice, I prefer lower case. However the D2 font uses the caps style of lettering so when I was doing the initial recognition check for lettering that was what I entered in what was strictly an attempt to stay true to what I was seeing. Not a problem though, I've gone ahead and cleared both the single and multi databases so I can reenter those and get that cleared up.

Thanks much, hopefully that will clear up the issue! Much appreciated.

20. Warlawk

Warlawk IncGamers Member

Well, the settings are exactly the same as above (I removed the global 'Code' setting) and it's still giving me a bunch of info that is not selected.

I redid all the recognition inputs, and it is correctly outputting in lower case now, but still giving a lot of the information that I had removed from the listing as shown in the screencap above.

Output looks like this now.

Helms
    blackhorn's face (death mask, defense: 246, durability: 16 of 20, +183% enhanced defense)
    harlequin crest (shako, defense: 195, durability: 7 of 7, +1 to life (based on character level), +1 to mana (based on character level), ethereal (cannot be repaired)
    )

Amulets
    angelic wings (amulet)
    Rare Amulet (amulet, required level: 31, +1 to sorceress skill levels, +10% faster cast rate, +2 to minimum damage, +4 to strength, all resistances +16
    )

Armor
    wyrmhide (defense: 412, durability: 22 of 24, required strength: 84, required level: 50
    )

Gloves
    dracul's grasp (vampirebone gloves, defense: 145, durability: 12 of 14, 9% life stolen per hit, +120% enhanced defense, +15 to strength, +8 life after each kill
    )

Rings
    angelic halo (ring)
    dwarf star (ring, magic damage reduced by 14)
    dwarf star (ring, magic damage reduced by 15)
    nagelring (ring, +55 to attack rating, better chance of getting magic items
    )
    raven frost (ring, +247 to attack rating, adds 15-45 cold damage, +16 to dexterity)

Boots
    war traveler (battle boots, defense: 133, durability: 48 of 48, +178% enhanced defense, attacker takes damage of 7, better chance of getting magic items
    )

Jewels
    rainbow facet (jewel, can be inserted into socketed items, required level: 49, 100% chance to cast level 51 poison nova when you die, 37/2pdmg, +5% to poison skill damage, -4% to enemy poison resistance
    )

Misc
    luna (defense: 186, chance to block: 45%, durability: ** of 43, required strength: 90, unidentified, ethereal (cannot be repaired)
    )
    matriarchal javelin (throw damage: 35 to 66, one-hand damage: 30 to 54, (amazon only), required dexterity: 151, required strength: 107, javelin class - fast attack speed, unidentified
    )

Any thoughts?