Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Adobe + Macromedia =

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DurfBarian, Apr 18, 2005.

1. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Adobe + Macromedia =

Adobe.

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/invrelations/adobeandmacromedia.html

It could mean great things for people who make heavy use of both Photoshop/Illustrator and the Flash products. Or it could mean that the company is going to create a hopeless mishmash of products and ruin everything, charging thousands of dollars per seat license in the process. Personally, I hope to see some Flash tools rolled into a future version of GoLive. Er, Dreamweaver. DreamLive. Whatever.

I know there are some computer nerds on this forum, so I thought I'd spread the news. If you're in the content creation biz, it's pretty enormous. :)

2. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

macadoremebia?

3. DurfBarian

Dale a tu cuerpo alegria macadoremebia
    Que tu cuerpo es pa' darle alegria y cosa buena
    Dale a tu cuerpo alegria macadoremebia
    Ehhhh, macadoremebia

4. masterazn

masterazn Banned

What is that in English?

5. Savage

Savage IncGamers Member

:lol: I love it.

I just hope this doesn't mean people who use Adobe products but not Macromedia or vice versa won't have to pay a mint for programs with a few features they need and tons they don't need. I know this happens to some extent already but that doesn't mean we need more of it.

6. DurfBarian

Three bad things I can see about it:

1. AdobMedia now owns the keys to like 95% of the content-creation kingdom and can do with it what they please

2. AdobMedia could theoretically gut its Mac offerings even more than Adobe already has (depending on how hard Apple pushes into their markets), and Flash is already a total POS on the Mac OS

3. Without Dreamweaver and GoLive competing against each other the high-end web creation tools will stagnate like MS Word has for the last 10 years

7. Newman

Newman IncGamers Member

I love photoshop, I can't use it to it's fullest potential. I always use it to clean up pictures that I take. It works wonders.

8. Ev_

Ev_ IncGamers Member

This will likely affect me more than anyone else on this board. As for right now, I could make wild speculations about all the things that could happen, but I'd probably be wrong on all of them. But things could go VERY well or VERY badly. Let's hope for the former, that the two companies add to each other, instead of destroying what each other have created.

Holding out hope, in the past I have seen Adobe very concerned with putting out excellent products, confident that they will make money on them. And it works. Hopefully they hold to this. If they keep customer satisfaction first, they will have no problems making billions of dollars.

9. Steel_Avatar

Steel_Avatar IncGamers Member

I just don't want to see some horrid combination of the two, whereupon college professors start embedding Flash into PDFs, or something awful like that.

10. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Oh dear God, that's horrible. Or a billion poorly down websites that take a week and a half to download, but don't play in a browser. . .instead they show up on your desktop with some evil scheme to make them hard to delete.

I really don't think it will bad. Adobe's next version of PS should take advantage of Tiger's GPU resourcing and will probably breath some new life into it.

11. gaoneng

gaoneng IncGamers Member

What a horrible thought. I hope it doesn't happen too.