Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Adding Strength On Classic Untwinked Zeal Pally?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by ESVAburnout, Aug 13, 2010.

1. ESVAburnout

ESVAburnout Banned

Adding Strength On Classic Untwinked Zeal Pally?

Being my first single character I didn't know what else to do. Do you think it will cripple me to the point where I won't be able to finish Hell?

I had nothing to do today, so I got to thinking about something to do and a Paladin with a crystal sword seemed kinda cool lol and I figured I'd never get to play through like that on Battle.Net so I decided on single player.

2. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Re: Adding Strength On Classic Untwinked Zeal Pally?

I can´t see how that is going to impede you much. How much STR are we talking about?

Are you planning to make a physical damage (Fanatic) Zealot or an elemental damage (Holy Fire/Shock/Freeze) Zealot?

(Hmm, I´ve forgotten most things about Classic (and my experience is from old v1.03...), and I haven´t even played a non-caster in it. Are there even Elite items in Classic? If not, say goodbye to the fast Phase Blade.)

3. ESVAburnout

ESVAburnout Banned

I'm not sure yet just enough to wear whatever the best items are that I find. Physical.

Yes it is patched up to 1.13, I found my classic disk but couldn't find my LoD ones so I'm not stuck with classic for now.

4. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

The best balance of damage vs speed looks to be a Naga. Battle Hammer's do loads of damage but are horrifically slow.

I'd aim for at least the 121 str needed for a Naga, or potentially 170 for an Ornate Plate, that should be plenty for strength and I'd put the rest in vitality. (No points in Dex apart from gear as it doesn't add to block chance).