Add On: how did Bush get re-elected

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Add On: how did Bush get re-elected

1) Why does this have its own thread?

2) Is this that movie that tries to link the history of the Bible, big banks, and 9/11? I suppose it's the conspiracy theorist's version of a unified field theory?

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member

omg AJ...didn't you hear? we have to be nice to all new members...don't question anything they do.
As a {"die-hard" christains} why would I waste even 40 minutes on what promises to be another "Loose Change" production with anti-Christian sauce?

If it was VD, at least I'd be polite in dismissing it. His screeds are better sourced.

And I'm glad to see that even the most liberal types haven't absolutely lost sanity in this regard.

pancakeman

Diabloii.Net Member

I have to wonder, where the **** do you get these charts, jmerv? YOu and llad both have a chart for everything, do you guys just scour the Tubez looking or something? Honestly...

Americans are whiny martyrs who get their panties in a wad over being made fun of on Youtube.
Link A:
At some point everything gets old, millions of people insulting those that they have never met gets old fast. Then again, am I the only one that questions his use of "we" and "us" in that article? I've never seen a Norwegian person use the phrase "anti-american" or "America-bashing".
Link B: Well, it was to show him that his calling Americans stupid was rather ironic* given that we have a higher score on whatever that scale is.

*: Yes, incorrect usage of ironic. Bite me.

KremBanan

Diabloii.Net Member

Well said. And of course, you're backed up by the data (PDF).

(One has to wonder, given the sheer volume of "stupid American" links, whether there's some kind of weird "schoolgirl crush" in effect.) :scratchchin:
Ok, so Norway is lower than US on that chart. But I also have a chart:

Countries ------------ Stupidity
US ------------ 1000
Sweden ------------ 950

some other countries

Norway ------------ 3

edit: I also looked at your chart and it said under the standard error colon US: 4.2 and Norway: 3.1
But it aint surprising that there are more errors in US than Norway.

Johnny

Banned

If the norwegians are so smart then how is it that they produce more oil than the country needs. But then they sell so much of the oil that they then have to import oil to meet their own demands?

Johnny

Banned

In your dreams you are but in the real world you contracted away so much you did'nt realise you would need more later on and now you're stuck.

Last edited:

Rashiminos

Diabloii.Net Member

Ok, so Norway is lower than US on that chart. But I also have a chart:

Countries ------------ Stupidity
US ------------ 1000
Sweden ------------ 950

some other countries

Norway ------------ 3

edit: I also looked at your chart and it said under the standard error colon US: 4.2 and Norway: 3.1
But it aint surprising that there are more errors in US than Norway.
This post was not biased at all, yessiree...

Also note what appears to be a lack of understanding of how "error" is used in statistics.

From the chart JM provided, the difference in scores on the PISA 2006 science scale between the US and Norway is less than the standard error, so the difference is not likely to be statistically significant..., they're about the same...

edit:

I have to wonder, where the **** do you get these charts, jmerv? YOu and llad both have a chart for everything, do you guys just scour the Tubez looking or something? Honestly...
Government agency that collects data on education. Google and go.

vdzele

Diabloii.Net Member

If it was VD, at least I'd be polite in dismissing it. His screeds are better sourced.
How do you know they are sourced at any level if you dismiss my posts at any site?

Anyway they are not written for you. Some people simply deserve to believe in what they believe.

I read your posts, but I rarely comment on them. You are pretty much predictable and you don’t change much in your standings. I guess you think that’s good.

KremBanan

Diabloii.Net Member

In your dreams you are but in the real world you contracted away so much you did'nt realise you would need more later on and now you're stuck.
Why ask if you knew the answer?

This post was not biased at all, yessiree...
He drags in a random chart, I drag in a random chart.

Government agency that collects data on education. Google and go.
Yeah right. So when did we start to trust what the goverment tells us?

What the hell happened to Copperface (his status was changed to banned) and why did his thread about the origins of communism disappear into the void/abyss/emptiness?

vdzele

Diabloii.Net Member

What the hell happened to Copperface (his status was changed to banned) and why did his thread about the origins of communism disappear into the void/abyss/emptiness?
One of the Die Lords didn’t like where it was leading, so he made a call. :coffee: