Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Actual difficulty of set dungeons?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by MightyShoe, Feb 3, 2016.

1. MightyShoe

MightyShoe IncGamers Site Pal

I've read that the monsters in the set dungeons are about T4 level. That, however, has not been my personal experience! Playing a TotI Crusader, I can easily kill in T6 and I actually fell asleep(!) on a T5 run. When I woke up a minute or so later. I was alive and surrounded by dead monsters. My thorns, Nagelring, and Enchantress had killed upwards of two dozen normal monsters. All this being said, I can't survive 30 seconds in the TotI set dungeon. I've tried about 20 times and always "die" within a minute at the longest. I started playing at higher difficulties to see what matched my set dungeon experience. T8 was pretty close--esp. the wicked strong elemental damage, particularly poison. Anybody else experiencing something similar? Or maybe I'm not geared up exactly right?

2. Mage Slayer

Mage Slayer IncGamers Member

In my experience the set dungeons are pretty varied in terms of both monster health and damage. Some you really need some of the big damage reduction legendaries for, others not so much.

My first attempt at Invokers felt squishy too. Once I got Belt of the Trove (so I could have permanent 50% damage reduction from Bombardment) I was fine. Though you'd be better if you can get Aquila and/or Justice Lantern since the random bombardments can kill elites before you get the chance to cast Iron Skin and Consecration.