Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

-Act5 classic

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by helvete, Sep 25, 2006.

1. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

-Act5 classic

Heh... try this.

- On the shortcut to Diablo 2, add -act5
    - Start a new char, but uncheck the "Expansion Character" box.
    - Notice something strange?

UPDATE: Just saved the barbs. Quahl Kek refuses to give me my runes, but he wants to thank me over and over again :D

Larzuk allows me to put stuff on his "add sockets" dialog :shocked: so I guess I can socket things! Wow, no more soj wasting... but this could mean sockets in uniques, sets and magics in classic...

UPDATE 2: Malah won't gimme the potion to release Anya, so I guess there is no way of obtaining runes, resist quest or class specific rare item from Anya. This also means no red portal to pindle, so there goes quick leveling on pindle runs....

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Sounds interesting...

If you leave act 5, can you enter it again ? Can you enter act 5 again after you collected a few act 5 waypoints ?

Perhaps I should start on single player until the ladder resets. :scratch:

3. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

- No ability to go back to act 5 once you have gone to act 1 (norm or NM)
    - No expansion only items drop/generate INCLUDING Malah's potion and Quahl-kek's rune reward
    - Quest 1 can be completed entirely, allowing "legit" sockets in classic unique/set items (!)
    - Quest 2 can be completed, but no reward will be given until the char is converted to expansion. This includes hiring mercs.
    - Since Malah's potion can't spawn, resquing Anya is impossible --> impossible to complete quest 3 and 4.
    - Quest 5 and 6 can be completed entirely,giving ability to finish act 5
    - Waypoints can be activated, but not used (this is the normal rule when using the -act5 switch). I haven't played the char through normal yet, so don't really know if the waypoints are activated when converting to expansion character (well, I sorta don't want to convert it, since I'm going to use it to rush others/give waypoints).

The -act5 switch is not a third party program, but is (IMHO) somewhere between muling and abuse of the -seed switch. "Gives unfair advantage" and all that. Whatever, it only saves time levelling :p

4. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

I just want to say that using -act5 is considered cheating in SPF. Equally bad as abusing -seed command.

5. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I know, all command swithces are bad in SPF eyes.

I have so many sets of characters now, some vanilla, some 1.06b, some 1.07 some 1.09, some 1.10 and then my 2 sets of 1.11b ones and battle.net ones.

1.11b ones are RRM/RWM separate from RRM/RWM/act5 ones, where I can transfer items TO a act5 char but never back.

All my own "rules" inside my twisted head, ofc.

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

In particular because you seem to be able to socket items which you normally can't socket, I assume.

The level advantage from -act5 probably cannot be proven and in such a case it doesn't make sense to punish people for that, as long as they don't brag about it in public - but I won't question your decisions about these issues. I agree that single player trading is a lot about trust, so it should be a matter of honor not to work with -act5.