Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Act3 Quest Problem

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by wetnose, Oct 1, 2006.

1. wetnose

wetnose IncGamers Member

Act3 Quest Problem

I have read to see if anyone else had this problem. Did find a few quest issues, but don't seem to relate to mine.

Was playing thru act 3 with a higher level friend. He had already killed Baal, but was "slumming" with me :)

I was not rushing, we were working on the quests. I never received the Lam Eson's Tome quest, but in the quest area I did not (at that time) find the place to kill the Battlemaid that drops the book anyway.

We killed Meph, and called it a night.

The next day I went in to do some more scavanging (zero'd my gold gambling for a decent set of claws, you know how it is...)

And in the course of this, found the right tomb, killed the maid, but no drop. No, the quest wasn't actually active in my log, but it should have triggered when I killed the maid.

I was lvl 25 assassin. It was my created game, so all quests are accessable to me. I have since tried again to get this quest. Alkor never gives it, and the maid never drops the Tome. The strategy guide does not mention what triggers the quest, so I can't confirm if I missed a crucial point.

The reward is 5 attribute points, more valuable to me than a rare ring or otherwise useless magic drop.

Glitch or did I do something wrong? In my years playing diff characters, I have never had a quest lock out like this, even when finishing an act. Though admittedly this might be first time ever done slightly out of order.

Thanks for any input/advice you can provide.

2. seralph

seralph IncGamers Member

Were you in The Ruind Temple in Kurast Bazzar? It's not a monster drop, looks like the bookstand where you read about the countess. You will recognice it if you see it.

3. wetnose

wetnose IncGamers Member

Oh, you're kidding...

If it's really that simple, then don't I just feel stupid? :shocked:

To answer specifically, I do not recall the name of temple, but recall that it's Battlemaid Sarina that is involved. I did clear the temple, but it is quite possible I overlooked something ornamental in appearance since I was frustrated there was no drop

My thanks, I will try it again later (sure, I want to try right now but darn family obligations!)

Wetnose

4. wetnose

wetnose IncGamers Member

Yes indeed, that did help.

Three times I went in there, and each time totally missed the book pedestal simply because I was assuming Sarina dropped the book.

Thanks for your nudge in the right direction. :grin:

Since this issue was complete user error, I'm not certain how much use it will be for others, so I leave it to the moderator to decide if the thread should be closed.

Wetnose