Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Act3 - Not quite useless?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by DarkHoly, Mar 16, 2004.

1. DarkHoly

DarkHoly IncGamers Member

Act3 - Not quite useless?

So, was messing around earlier (in classic) with my 68 hammerdin, and decided to run around in act3 for no apparent reason. Turns out that, in the 4 player game I was in, I gained about 3/4 of a level per run of the flayer jungle I did. Just a heads up, for anyone else looking for a change of pace from baal/CS runs:).

-Dark

2. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

It isn't that people don't think that A3 has no exp, it's that people don't want to go around killing small monsters. Small monsters are hard to click on, despite how nicely they all die to AoE skills. That and running through 328957 random dungeons to build a flail can get annoying.

As for A3 in general, Trav and Meph are both parts of the act too you know =p
    That said, I generally do play through it, just so I'm not being hypocritical when someone joins a baal run asking for Trav + WS2 WPs and I tell them to go try "playing" the game ^^

3. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

One gets optimal experience when one's char lvl is close/equal to the monster lvl of the area. However, if the sole purpose is to lvl up, Baal runs are unbeatable, although boring as you say. From your story I'd guess the monsters are about lvl 65-70 in act3. If you go back and try to lvl when you are lvl 80, you'll see there is no comparison to act5. So, I do agree with you and I most often go get those pieces, gaining good exp. But calling it substitute right off like that is sort of wrong. You should add: "If you are in the 70's, try some act3 runs" :thumbsup:

4. himeji

himeji IncGamers Member

In expansion, hell act3 starts at lvl 80 so optimal xp when you're at the same lvl. A good mf area: lots of dead flayers means lots of drops. And Kurast areas are a chest click-fest. For hc players, the more challenging/dangerous areas throughout the game,(temples/dungeon/sewers/durance), the most frequently run mf boss (meph) can be found in this act.

5. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Oldskool info here bud! That has been a hotbead of exp in Classic since long before 1.10!

in big games you can hit 80 there in Classic but it gets slow, better to be in Act 4.

As for Xpac Flayer is good for a long time for drops and exp if you have the right kind of character. Its soo damn simple with a WW barb they just come running and throwing ther face at your Maul! Excellent for a Java also! Hammerdin is good there, just need to be carefull not to get too swarmed and have good hit recovery!

6. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

excellent location to find high runes as well, lots of monsters = greater chance for runes to drop

7. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Strafezon + Laying of hands = level 80-90 in hell flayer jungle in a few days of casual playing

8. JimBass

JimBass IncGamers Member

Classic people, CLASSIC - the one with no runes, and no laying of hands.

I think the monster levels are the same in classic and xlax, but the major difference in no act 5 in classic means no easy access to the super high levels, and no playing norm to 45 and NM to 70.

Hi Holy and Sting, thanks for giving me somethign to read.

Peace,

Jim

9. DarkHoly

DarkHoly IncGamers Member

Sorry if that was redundant information, I'd just always run trav and river, and thought that perhaps some other people weren't aware of the potential of "flayer runs" like myself. Happy hunting!

-Dark

10. amishamigo

amishamigo IncGamers Member

so a strafazon with goldstrike, say, and LOH would be decent in there, eh?

Hmmmm

11. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Jim, I'm pretty sure that monster levels are lower in classic, if they weren't then you could hit the high 90s easily. In LoD I went to 91 with solo CS runs, and could easily have gone farther (especially if it was 8 player runs, and not just me) except I jumped on the baal wagon.

Not to mention, if you think waaay back to when LoD was first coming out and blizzard accidentally raised all the classic monster levels to what they'd be in LoD and no one could hit anything any more... ^^

12. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

Shhh... don't give it away... :grrr:

13. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

All the melee/ranged flayers and the shamen are demon class monsters and they make up 80-90% of the monsters spawned there. Take goldstrike and LOH (up to +550% damage to demons).....well you get the idea.