Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

act2 why so hard?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by WNxZerker, May 20, 2005.

1. WNxZerker

WNxZerker IncGamers Member

act2 why so hard?

I am trying to come up with a rushing char build. I currently have a lvl 66 hammerdin and a lvl 71 orb/firebal sorc. the sorc is to weak against groups of cold immunes and the hammerdin takes forever to rush because he cant tele.
    I am looking for a sorc build that uses orb at lvl 20 and CM at 10
    I have about +3 sorc skills so it will be like, 23 orb and 23cm wich is -80 res and is more than enough damage for pvm in act3 and act2. what I want to know is what you use for act 2 as a sorc? I was thinking of static plus lvl 20 LM and 20 chain lightning and lvl 10 lightning that comes to 35 cold skill points and 54 lightning points. 89 skill points all up 3 from den 3 from radament 6 from izzy that leaves 77 skill points from lvling so around Clvl 78 to finish this build. I want to know if there are any tricks or tips you can tell me to help with the cold immunes in act 2. The vipers are the worst when they hit me thay take alot of life and also some mana even though I dont have damage to mana items.
    what kinda mods should I be looking for? I plan to hit the 63 FCR breakpointand either the 42 or the 60 FHR breakpoint so that when i get hit I can get a couple CL casts between knocckbacks.

Zerker

2. BananaPancakes

BananaPancakes IncGamers Member

i dont know what to tell you man. i kinda have the same sorc build (blizzard and fireball) and i can rush thru act 2 just fine. you are kind of low level to rush though.

3. WNxZerker

really what is your gear like? and what lvl do you recommend? my 66 hammerdin does fine for killing speed but he does need a bit more life and defense. I was hoping to be able to rescue my sorc but she dosent seem to be getting much stronger and I come up against alot of cold immunes at once and they own me with ease. I think I may have to start again but if you let me know your sorc specs I might be albe to salvage.

Zerker

4. stanzaman

stanzaman IncGamers Member

Claw Vipers seem to be pretty weak against fire, my fire sorc just mows them down. The only problem with a fire/cold build is all the areas that are full of fire and cold immune monsters (like, all of Act 1).

5. WNxZerker

act1 is easy enough to deal with when you rush cause you just tele to andy then I static and kill with orb. I would use fire but its not strong enough for her in hell and the sharmen in the left corner likes to keep summoning minnions around her. I will have to lvl her up more I think before my FB can deal with cold immunes its only at slvl20 with a lvl 9 mastery. adn she has only got 30%FCR cause my hamerdin needs the shard more and I ussually use him for viper ammy and beyond.

Zerker

6. Immortality

Immortality Banned

just max out your ice bolt during ur 1st 20 lvls... may be a pain but its worth it.

act 2 is just a pain, i like to get all my friends together and get all the crap 4 peeps for the staff and 4 peeps for the ammy.

Arcane is the biggest pain, it always(for me)is: I'll go through all the paths AND THEN THE VERY LAST ONE I HAVENT BEEN TO!!! IS IT.

The massive amounts of cold immunes in hell are also a pain. Fire sorcs...not a chance.

7. WNxZerker

I am making a rusher so it needs to be able to do act2 again and again and again.

Zerker

8. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

You too? I thought I was the only one that happened to. That IS a pain and it happens that way more often than not!

9. purplelocust

purplelocust IncGamers Member

To commiserate, that seems to happen to me also. I should start keeping track and see if it really does happen more often than the one time in four that true randomness would indicate. My guess is that I just don't remember the times when I find it on one of the first three directions as well, whereas the times when it is the fourth direction make a bigger impression and I remember those ordeals vividly (especially with a summoner or some other character for which the Arcane Sanctuary is difficult...)

I usually go in the "tripledecker" direction last, since it is often the slowest. The "flat" and "teleportal" directions are usually faster walking than the "up and down stairs" and "tripledecker" directions so I do the quicker ones first. If the "lots of stairs" and "tripledecker" directions have the Summoner more often than the other directions, that might also explain my impression of often having to go all four ways more often than the expected one-quarter of the time...

10. WNxZerker

arcane is not that much of a prob for my sorc now that she has FCR and a little FHR, she just teles to the end of one direction tps to town if its wrong way and then takes WP back. only probblem is the immune to phys that do mana burn, telleing into a group of them can be painfull espiscially when lagging as i often do, I might try and hire a merc for arcane and those silly vipers, they knoccked me around like a pinball machine yesterday, it was so funny they took up positions arouind me and bounced me from one to the other, I guess I could use a better block rate.

Zerker

11. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Static still works in classic like it used to if im not mistaken, so all u need to take down cold immunes is a few lvls in static and u could finish em off with a lvl 1 nova or something :).

12. WNxZerker

not so easy to static when they finish you off in a few hits, and I cant tele around them, I just tried a full rush with my now higher lvl sorc and she got up to the claw viper temple lvl 2 and died cause her fireball could only handle one monster at a time and they swarmed and smothered her.
    Ima gonna build a new char and she will be a CL/ORB so she can do beter ranged damage to those vipers and hopefully atack 50% of them with one atack. just gonna have trouble with dureil after that, I havent faced hell duriel with a sorc in classic.

Zerker

13. bomjac

bomjac IncGamers Member

My current rusher sorc is a Orb / Meteor sorc, with max static.

Skills are : Max orb(1 cold mastery), max static, max meteor (max Fire mastery) + FB for rest of skills.

The static @ l20 fills the whole screen, making it very handy for Andi and Arcane. In the viper temple, vipers are dealt with by gingerly teleporting to the centre alter (hopefully no greater mummies about) and a combination of static + Meteor. Alternatively, I tele back near the door (dragging some vipers with me) spamming Meteor,3 statics,Meteor etc on my head until any vipers following are gone.

She has served well for the whole of this season, and is able to boost to hell a3 in 8 player games (albeit slow + careful for 8 players) although in retrospect I should have maybe stuck to 5-10 static, and the rest in synergies for Meteor, since my Meteor is only around 2.5k @ l80.

14. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

Act 2 really isn't that hard, except for having the rushee dying from a blast from the summoner (make sure to tp far enough away and have a clear area), and when in vipertemple, the vipers are camping in the altar...

Other than that, a2's biggest knock is it is sooo much longer than any of the other acts, because you HAVE to have the staff to complete.

15. WNxZerker

k
    I have hit lvl 75 with my Orb/CL sorc and she is doing fine she can kill all the cold immunes in the viper temple except dual immunes. I was thinking of getting a staff with some fire on it just for a laugh. she can also kill hell andy with only her lvl 22 orb with 12cm and 1 point in ice bolt. she cant do anything in hell cs except add a bit of cold damage, I would hate to see what she does at trav.(hell meph is no probs)
    here is what she looks like:
    str 80
    dex base 51, 57
    vita 289
    energy 35 (0 points)

defense 470, 658 (1 point in frozen armour)
    stamina 427
    life 712
    mana 233

fr 75
    cr 75
    lr 75
    pr 75

gear
    48%mf tarn
    +1 sorc skills, +5 min dmg, +6 dex, cr 24, fr 33 death collar ammulet (rare)
    shard (for FCR , 50 mana, +10 all res)
    134 ed gold skin
    3pdt (+57 all res and 44% block)
    10%fcr, 13ar, lr+10, pr+26, 6%mf bitter eye ring(rare)
    (open ring slot)
    magefists (20 fcr regen mana 25)
    24FHR, +15 fr heavy belt (magical)
    10 fr/w, 10%FHR, +14%ed, lr 39, pr8, 10%mf gale slipers light plated boots (rare)

skills (with +skills added)
    warmth 4
    frozen armour 3
    frozen orb 22
    cold mastery 12 (-75 percent)
    static feild 3
    lightning 5
    chain lightning 22
    lightning mastery 22

one skill point remaining and hell radament quest yet to be done.
    not sure what to do with the last few skills I was thinking warmth or cold mastery for more ooomf in Orb or lightning to get CL damage up from its current 4-1450. I left one ring spot open so I could put on a manald or a res ring as my gear gets better or if i dont get more in warmth (CL sucks mana like no ones buissnes).
    leveling in hell cs is getting tedious I get about 1 lvl every 3-4 games if it gets sora I prefer walks they are more exp, I think I might stop at lvl 77 or 80 if I can be bothered lvling that far.

Zerker

16. Arctickhan

Arctickhan IncGamers Member

some reasons as:
    too many unique scarab,too many undeads and dried corpse on grave or dungeons(and sanctuary aura is bugged if you have sanctuary aura with high radius undeads will start to pass through the "unopened" doors after shining attack of sanc. and after 5 seconds you'll be surrounded by these weird guys),Infernal Cats with throwing potions and uses a great perc. block rate,greater areas than act1 (omg!im in a desert!) so if you're trying to escape from trouble be sure there's always a bigger one...
    Hell Cats and undeads(expect Radament) won't be a matter for any kind of sorc but scarabs could kill you...