Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

act2 so boring

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by stickyfingers, Mar 8, 2004.

1. stickyfingers

stickyfingers IncGamers Member

act2 so boring

hey guys my necro is in act 2 just finished sewers and i am bored as all hell it allways happens i get to act2 and 3 and i usually stop playing because i hate those 2 acts has any1 else go the same problem where they get so bored they just stop. i would like to hear the comments :rant:

2. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

Act 2 is one of my favourite acts, the act that really p's me of is Act 3. On a few times when I've got to Act 3 and stopped that character and either started or restarted another one. There was a time when I had characters on Act 3 Norm, Nm and Hell. Now that was a pain.

3. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

I don't mind act 2 so much. 3 is a pain - the jungles are too damn big and Kurast has too few monsters - it's dull just walking around opening chests and kicking logs.

Although the act I am most sick of is 1 as every character created goes through it, and often I will tire of a character early and retire them in act 2, thus act 1 has been played by me probably as much as all the other acts combined.

4. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Act 3 is my favourite, closely followed by act 4.

Least favourite is act 5 normal. Too little monster variation and that in combination with the huge size of the act can be a bit tedious.

5. pesot

pesot IncGamers Member

same here, act 3 highly boring. those fetishes really annoys me. they're so small and fast. try playing a werebear there and you'll see. act2 isn't that bad. you just need to have a play style. i usually do the outside quest first (the staff). then i start with radament and the arcane. this means i only need leave town once.

6. Sharakorr

Sharakorr Banned

Personally, my favorite acts are 1 and 2, i find a3 boring, but i usually manage to pull through if i'm playing with another person like my bro, you might want to try that sometime, playing with another person. I find it exciting at the thought of two people wandering out into who knows what...especially when you're playing hc making the stakes a lot higher :buddies:

7. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

Maybe I'm just odd, but I like parts of all 5 Acts, dislike parts of all 5 as well.

Act 1 - I like everything, really. The problem is that I've played it too much due to having entirely too many characters I'll play and lose interest in at some point in Normal. It's always fun in NM and Hell, but boring as can be in Normal, except after one of my many long hiatuses from the game. And I'm sick of having to spend 10 minutes hunting down that one stray fallen every time I do the DoE.

Act 2 - I'd like all of it were the parts outside of town not so dang big. Being primarily a melee type, though, I often get sick of skeleton and unraveller boss packs in Hell, though. This is balanced out by my undying love for the Arcane Sanctuary, though. :D

Act 3 - I'm in the minority that likes nearly everything about this act. I don't mind running around the jungles, and I've never been bored in Kurast or Travincal. Only negative is the Kurast Sewers, just because it always takes me forever to find the stairs down to the second level.

Act 4 - Usually my least favorite act, but still fun. It can be a total chore to play it if I get the wrong mix of monsters, though. Stranglers + Gloams is a good example, but even worse is the Unholy Trio of Blood Maggots + Vile Mothers + Corpse Spitters in the RoF. The first two are just tedious and usually expensive for a melee character due to repairs, while still leaving an infinite supply of ammo for the latter. Any other mix is fine

Act 5 - Another that's a lot of fun, just too spread out. This is the act that I try to spend the least time in, usually just finding waypoints and completing quests ASAP; it's just too dang big to spend the time to do my preferred full clears. And like most sane individuals, I see no reason to go after Nihlathak beyond Normal. :)

8. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

Yeah, Act 3 is the one where my characters will get stuck if they're going to. I absolutely despise the endless, mostly featureless jungles which are full of the second most annoying monsters in the game (the MOST annoying being the Imps of Act 5, of course).

9. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Heh, that´s the place I have an undying love for. And the stairs thing is not a problem if you do full clears, it will just be something that happens in there somewhere.

10. XaviarGangrel

XaviarGangrel IncGamers Member

Act 2 is probably my least favourite too..mainly due to my Fishymancer having lots of trouble in the Maggot Lair and Arcane Sanctuary... the larger open areas of Act 5 are also hateful, I find myself charging up one side of them teleporting past walls to get to the next bit, only stoping to get the Barb troops out of cages in the first area, and grab the waypoint if I see it. Watching my army break up and scatter chaseing those stupid imps.. not fun..

11. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

Heh, true. However, I usually get so annoyed with the difficulty of just moving around down there that I want out as soon as possible. I've found it a much more enjoyable place to play (and not bad for leveling and MFing, thanks to all the chests, bodies, etc.) with my barbarians, thanks to leap attack letting me move around more freely, than with my other characters. :)

12. DMPI_Masher

DMPI_Masher IncGamers Member

The only places I find tedious is the Maggot layer in act II and the great marsh in act III. Everything else is fine just the way it is. I do try to blow past the Frigid Highlands, and Frozen Tundra due to the Imp infestation.

13. The_Gekko

The_Gekko IncGamers Member

Hey...Act 2 is the best....i particularly love sandy areas...:uhhuh:

It's Act 3 that i can't stand....i always hated those fetishes....not to mentioned those damn blow-up dolls....:grrr:

14. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

I just can't stand act3, act2 is ok, not too bad, but act3..

15. flosch

flosch IncGamers Member

Seems I'm the first one here that doesn't like act 5. Too many long and narrow areas, so many obstacles and little variation... The other acts, it changes back and forth which I like and which I don't, but act 5 is quite stable.

16. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

I actually like the Act 2 contrast from wide open sandy spaces above ground to narrow passageways below ground...plus a bunch of different critters coming after you...bugs, birds, bomb throwing cats, giant poison spitting bugs, annoying leaping rodents and more.

I can't stand act 3 with all those annoying little dart spitters, plus its a long walk before you get to the Kurast village areas.

17. farting bob

farting bob Banned

act 2 and 1st half of act 3 normally is where my characters end. i have loads of them in the lvl20's that have reached act 2 then i dont fancy going throguh it all and act 3. once i get to the end of act 3 (trav onwards) its very rare forme to stop that charcter (well, until i get to act 2 nm...)

18. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

I go on speed mode for acts 2 and 3 (usually don't drop players, still at 8) but I run like heck or tp until I get to the important areas (maggot lair, lost city, spider cavern, flayer dungeon, sewers, ruined temple). I slow down for Travincal and Durance. However, in NM you can get good runes in act3, so turn it up to players 8 and let the money start rolling in.

19. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

I like act II with differents situations , differents monsters and styles.

But I anderstand some places could be mad with PI monster in close places for a fishimancer, Sand Maggot can be horribilis

20. Liter Soul

Liter Soul IncGamers Member

MP games make every act a lot easier to deal with.