act2 mercs and + skills items

hulla-hop

Diabloii.Net Member
act2 mercs and + skills items

hello

does + skill items (shako, arkaines, ariocs etc) do anything to the auras of act2 mercs? so that an offensive merc makes you do more dam with + skills to his aura?

/hulla

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
Quite sure, but it wont be a large increase. I also think it's capped at a certain lvl, but I might be wrong (or confusing it with something else :))

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
hulla-hop said:
thank you, i need to ty it out someday then...havent seen you on d2.etf lately either??
True. :(
My dad is kinda mad at me for several reasons (one of them being bad grades, the rest is friends/girlfriend-related ^_^). So I'm not allowed to go online, but he can't stop me from using the pc's at school :D. One problem is: these stupid computers don't have mIRC installed, and I can't install anything, that's why i dont idle in mIRC anymore. I get to play every saturday evening, because he knows I go out so, basically I cant use my computer at all :rant:

hulla-hop

Diabloii.Net Member
get them grades up so you can join the fun in #d2-etf at quakenet again! sorry about your dad and stuff :(

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
hulla-hop said:
get them grades up so you can join the fun in #d2-etf at quakenet again! sorry about your dad and stuff :(
I'm working on it :) The other reason was a one-time thing, so as long I get slightly better grades I'll be playing again soon ;)

puckalicious

Diabloii.Net Member
Herald of Doom said:
Quite sure, but it wont be a large increase. I also think it's capped at a certain lvl, but I might be wrong (or confusing it with something else :))
My act2 might merc has a +4 ariocs and shako, I can't check what it adds right now but it definitely makes a difference.

Thrugg

Diabloii.Net Member
As I understand it (this area is not my forte so might be slightly off), you get improved auras from +all skills but not +paladin skills or +paladin skill tree.
Also, there is a max cap of +4 skills for a merc, so Arioc's plus Shako is overkill.

Thrugg

Diabloii.Net Member
Do you remember where you saw that Alain? I have read a few times on AB that there is a cap at +4. But very difficult to be certain through simply testing within the game, would need code-digging to be sure.

Thrugg

Diabloii.Net Member
Interesting. I will observe the standard weasel clause that you were working with LCS numbers which may not accurately reflect what is happening in the game, but I agree with your conclusion (or at least, that if there is a cap, it is at +5 or higher).

I will see if I can hunt down the place I saw the +4 cap discussed. It was agreed on by some people I would normally not question on game mechanics.

puckalicious

Diabloii.Net Member
I did a check of my act2 might merc. Using purely the damage listed in the attributes screen I got:

No aura: 3701
Merc w/0 skills: 4327
+1 skills: 4363
+3 skills: 4423
+5 skills: 4482
+7 skills: 4542
+9 skills: 4601

I achieved +9 with ariocs, shako, and chains of honor and that warcry with +1 skills (battle command)? I forgot to write down my base damage so I can't give what %ED this relates to.