Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

act three sewers lvl 2 super chests

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by tokerdin, Oct 10, 2016.

1. tokerdin

tokerdin Diabloii.Net Member

Hey everyone im still new round these parts so please let me know if this has already been tried. So i recently found a ber rune which has sent me on the quest to find a jah rune. As i understand it LK can only drop up to ber so i started thinking about where i should go about looking for a jah. I've been wanting to try the chests in sewers lvl 2 even before i started looking for jah.

So i did a little research and it appears sewers lvl 2 has an area lvl of 85. I don't understand the drop system very well so i dont know what the implies as far as the highest rune that can drop there, but it does make me wonder if it isn't a perfect place to hit super chests. I'm only about 20 runs into my testing but it seems somewhat promising. However i think completing the quest "kill the high council" renders one of the superchest all but useless. I'm not sure yet as i havn't played another character though to that point in the game to see if that chest's drops change or not.

Anyway i figured i would share my thoughts and findings in this thread and ask if anyone else might want to do some testing as well and post it to this thread. I do have to warn anyone who wants to run these chests unique packs of monsters do spawn in there about half the time. This in itself isnt to big of a deal but the little flayers can pop up.

2. pharphis

pharphis Diabloii.Net Site Pal

They work the same as the LK superchests. Can drop up to ber and have the same drop patterns.

I too started with sewer chests back in 2010 (oh my) and the ber pattern I got matched (I recently compared, actually)

3. tokerdin

Ok i was afraid that would be how it worked as while reading one of the stickies it said something along the line of having 69,000 drop patterns. So these same 69,000 drop patterns apply to all superchest?

4. pharphis

65.5k drop patterns depend on player setting and act and difficulty and version.

In other words, v1.13c/d+ will have a specific set of patterns for A1, a different set for A2, and so on (also split by difficulty). Hell A3 drops several ber runes but more importantly, on p7-8 it drops MANY sur runes.

5. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

I have had pretty good luck running the council. I got a Cham from there so I know it can drop Jah. Also, I have had great luck with breakable and clickables regarding runes. Most of what I have read says to skip them, but they have been very good to me.

6. tokerdin

thanks phaphis you seem really knowledgeable about the drop system.
    I've seen some mention of river of fire super chests maybe i'll look into that. I'm still running alot of LK as all i need is an ohm for my fisrt SP CTA.

i have one more question about what can drop in LK if you dont mind. While running LK i have 3 fairly stable racks one drops dusk shrouds, one bone knifes, and one shakos. Can these racks drop there respective uniques or is the area lvl to low?

7. tokerdin

I wish my charactor could maybe if i restated to blizz. But as it is council wipes the floor with my merc and i. It took me like 10 minutes to kill them for the quest lol

By breakables do you mean like the urns in AT? i do like breaking them while im there they seem worth it at higher player settings but i think i read once that the ILVL is limited to (someone please correct me if im wrong) 3/4 alvl or something along those lines.

8. pharphis

ahh I don't remember the ilvls. I've hardly run racks in versions other than 1.07 so someone else will have to answer that.

9. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

Shako and wizzy, yes. Don't remember qlvl of ormus, but I doubt it.

10. tokerdin

i believe ormus is 82. im actually more interested in the shako and wizpike anyway so good news

thanks

11. japanzaman

japanzaman Diabloii.Net Member

I'm pretty sure those items can drop from a rack- I recall getting a stormshield from a rack in LK once, and that would have a higher ilvl than those items you mentioned.

12. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

I got both a Shako and a Wizardspike from LK. Not sure if it was from a rack or from other poppables (bodies, tree stumps, ...) though. I can't find the thread right now, but iirc urns aren't worth it, but things like bodies, tree stumps and the like definitely are.

Your best bet to find a Jah probably is running the RoF superchests (make sure you have the map where they are very close to the waypoint) on /p7, Council on /p3 or /p1 if you can deal with them, or Cows or any lvl 85 area on the highest player setting where you can kill fast.

Good luck !!!

13. tokerdin

Nice find!!

I'm definatly going to look into the RoF chests that seems like my best option at the moment. That and i enjoy the relaxed feeling of running super chests. I might be able to run council soon as im on the verge of a big upgrade in gear.

The last couple of days have been pretty good to me i found a shako from meph a gul from LK and then another gul from meph. The first gul i wasnt super exited about as its not as useful as some runes till i found the second one last night and found out i can cube them into a vex. With a vex i can make a hoto. I'm considering respecing when i make the hoto to be able to use a spirit monarch, however im concerned about how much strength that will take. How do you guys normally boost strength on SP without anni and torch to help? Should i just take the hit in health or hold out till i can make a coh or enigma? Or i can socket my shako temporarily with an amethyst and do the same with the ormus i found the other day. That might leave me lacking in resists.

14. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

One word of warning about RoF superchests: they are harder than LK, because often there are quite some enemies. Nothing that can't be overcome, but since I see you mentioning the relaxed nature of LK superchests (which they absolutely are), I thought I'd mention that RoF superchests are somewhat different in that respect.

As to Spirit Monarch and str ... I've seen the debate a lot, and it seems to really be a matter of pro and contra. I never go for max block on Sorcs, so I just use the Spirit and still end up quite easily with some 1300 life without CtA. That usually is enough for me, although it obviously depends on the target. But you'd want to get a CtA asap anyway.

Also don't forget that Spirit comes with quite some Vitality, so the difference in the total amount of hit points you end up with is less big than the extra strength, needed for Spirit, implies.

15. Brak

Brak Diabloii.Net Member

Actually the only confirmed Jah pattern from RoF was found multiple time by Carowalk at p5/6

Also can confirm that Shako can be racked from LK. Did that accidentally from a semistable Lion Helm rack I was hitting for Runeword bases.

16. tokerdin

I think im going to go ahead and do the spirit monarch. I didnt realize this morning while replying that i can actually make a CoH right now so ill probably do that (although im gonna try to hold out for a superior base). I hadnt even thought of the vitality from spirit that tipped the scale in my head.

On another note, its funny how luck works in diablo 2 ive been running LK and popping all of the normal chests and corpses for the last 15 mins looking for a 4 soc flail and find a 37 life fire GC then 2 runs later a 24 life cold GC. now Im just looking at my screen with bulging eyes lol

T72on1 likes this.
  17. tokerdin

and now this happens :eek::eek:
    [​IMG]

im starting to think the key to effective MFing is looking for common white items lol

T72on1 and liquid_mage like this.