Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Act IV Boss Warning!!!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Voldomort, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Voldomort

Voldomort IncGamers Member

Act IV Boss Warning!!!

Okay, today, first time I've every played the big D.

Anyway, I died 54 times, and spent 60k gold, worked out like this:

Go in full army, armed to teeth, crappy items, cause I have yet to use my horadric cube, and hire my first merc, Iron Golem.

Boom! Firewave, all dead, except merc and Iron Golem. Almost instintaneously, boom, rest dead, except me, boom, I'm dead. Well, this is gonna take a while.

The last five lives I took half his life. The only strategy that worked at level 27, with skellys at 16, SM at 5, Golems, curses, yada yada, is this:

Run in a circle around him avoiding his two main blast, especially the pink lightning. Cast Iron maiden on him at regular intervals, while healing, them plant Clay Golems behind him, until he gets tired of killing them with magic and eventually hits them. Bop, decent damage back on him. After a long time, sweet victory was mine. I can't wait to fight this guy in nightmare.

Anyway, builds coming along fine. Making a much hated Skelly/Bone Build. I'll post it at the bottom here. I just can't bring myself to go posion. For some reason, I don't trust posion like I do good old DD, or fire for that matter. It's like this, if you fart on somebody, 90 percent of people will get pissed an run away, you've gotta take into account the sickos, they love that fart, dude. Hell, it probably even heals them. You might love a missle(Bone Spirit), but it's still gonna take your *** out. That's just how I look at it.

Anyway, here's the build:

Level 76

Summoning:
    20 Raise Skeleton
    20 Skeleton Mastery
    1 Raise Mage
    1 Clay Golem
    1 Blood Golem
    1 Iron Golem
    1 Revive
    1 Golem Mastery
    1 Summon Resist

Poison & Bone:
    1 Teeth
    3 Corpse Explosion
    11 B Spear
    20 B spirit

Curses:
    1 Amplify Damage
    1 Dim Vison
    1 Attract
    1 Decrepify
    1 Iron Maiden

87 points: the rest will go towards synergies, or CE, or GM, I haven't decided yet. Probably Synergy. CE is a good panic button, and worth 3-5 points, but it's not all that necessary unless your army fails, in which case, you'll wish you had made that werewolf instead ;P

Anyway, final levels for stats: STR 101, DEX 25, VIT High as possible, Energy 50.

And all that without even 1 SBD(silent but deadly). :bow:

2. Voldomort

Oh yeah, the warning:

If you are playing a hybrid, or even a full skelly necro, do youself a favor and put 1 pt in Iron Maiden and 1 Pt in Clay Golem, then you can eventually kill him without resorting to starting a new build, even if it takes you a week. The whole game, and the only two points you really need to kill the classic final boss is IM+CG. Good thing I'm playing the expansion.

3. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Just wondering, what merc do you use..and is he close to your level? And..would this be on nm or hell?

I like Mages to go along with my Skeletons(when it come to doing D), and find summoning some Revives to help alot also. I like using Decrepify on bosses(and Amp otherwise)

The main problem with act4 in any difficulty, is IM. Beatboxer came up with a simple solution for the merc dying problem(until you get to D himself) and was to simplly take the merc's weapon out of his hands.

He can't hit..can't die(when IM is on him)

HoS

4. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Sorry i may be mistaken here but you just killed big D for the first time and your level 76?

As for Big D with 20 in RS and 20 SM with decrep and Clay he basically dead meat. I think i took him down like 23 secs for my army to rip him apart in normal?

5. sexyfool

sexyfool IncGamers Member

According to his post he was lvl 27 trying to take diablo down solo with skels and a clay golem. The result is no real surprise....

6. Fercil

Fercil IncGamers Member

Doesn't take too long in Nightmare either. For solo skelliemancer normal is hard against him while nightmare is a joke as by then your skellies are a lot tougher. Very much possible he can't even kill a single one of your skellies if you keep him decrepified all the time.

7. Voldomort

I used a Defensive Merc, and he was level 16, I think. I just bought some armor for him at the P fortress. It was horrible, he died very quickly.

To comment on the rest of the post:

Yes, I expected to be destroyed at level 27, but not that badly. I didn't know what I know now, appartnely Diablo is TOUGH. Still, a win is a win, but I felt kinda cheap when Voldomort said, "Lord Diablo, I have bested you," when it was really the other way around. I bested him with gold and time. I plan to level correctly when I get to Baal, with a decent merc equipped.

Thank you all for your comments(keep 'em comin'), The big D was quite a challenging adventure. Funnest time I've had with the game so far, and that's saying something. Lets hope for more of the same with Baal, and the higher difficulty levels. I love a challenge.

8. Voldomort

What level were you on when you fought Diablo in normal?

9. ElvishLegion

ElvishLegion Banned

Im confused, your first post states
    so which is it 76 or 27? In normal most summoners do not stand much of a chance vs Diablo, hell most chars dont they get totaly destroyed by his uber 1337 PLBoD attack. And if you are lvl 76 you are doing something insanely wrong, at 27 thats expected

Elvish

10. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Ya, was confused also.

HoS

11. treldonis

treldonis IncGamers Member

I think his level 76 stats are his goals when he reaches that level.

12. ElvishLegion

ElvishLegion Banned

So whats that have to do with his problem with normal diablo? I dont think it matters what your end game will look like when your still in normal

Elvish

13. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

ah, bloody hell, lvl 27 is no time to solo norm diablo as a skellimancer.

clay golem and decrep work better on the tatinic lizard than IM and CG, and leveling some in act 4 would have most definitely been a recommendation. I'd wait until you have skellies maxed before taking him on, and depending on your build that may take all the way to the mid-late thirties (as RS should always be maxed FIRST).

Then, decrep, clay golem, and pray.

If he hurts you just let him know how bad your gonna rip 'is arse apart in nightmare and hell.

14. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

I think we are missing the point. He or she, had a great time killing Diablo :) I remeber when I first tried to kill him it was a hoot! My heart racing at 200 bps, gulping purples, yelling ahhh! crap! #$%! etc etc lol. Puts a smile on my face even now :) So to sum up, congratulations and keep that giddy little new guy enthusiasm going. Sometimes we vets get caught up in the skills and whats the best this, the best that etc. We have forgotten the fun in just playing for sake of playing.

15. treldonis

treldonis IncGamers Member

If you just want to get past him and you are on East, PM me. I can meet up with you and finish that quest up.

I agree with the others that you need to level up a bit more and use Necrochild's advice if you plan to do this on your own.

16. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Yeah, I remember that feeling too...when I used to be worried more about "How the hell am I going to deal with this guy???" more than "If he drops me crap I'm gonna shove my wand up his @$$."

I will never forget my cowardly "bone spirit sniping" when taking on big d :lol:

I'd hide around a corner and shoot bone spirits over and over again until I knocked his health down considerably, and if he ever came around my "corner fortress" I'd run like a chicken with it's head cut off screeching "Oh god! Oh god!" trying to find shelter from his fire nova.

Ah, those were the days...

I know i'm not the only necro that was inspired to use boneprison after being victim to big d's, and being dissapointed when ours didn't look as cool

:hanky:

17. goofycaca

goofycaca IncGamers Member

The only time that I've had a problem with Diablo (or Duriel) was prior to using an actual build. I had just begun and was throwing points in whatever seemed like a good idea at the time. Once I followed the skellimancer build I never had a problem. While I agree that level 27 might have been a bit early to tackle Diablo I don't think that it should have been that deadly. The important thing was the tactics used. Decrep and clay golem are the key. Casting them as needed, meaning frequently. A couple of points in summon resist and golem mastery and you'll have Diablo busy with your clay golem the entire time and the infrequent wall of fire will only kill a couple of skellies. I've found that he will attack the clay golem first, either physically or with the pink lightening. So the only time you have to fear that is when you're standing behind your clay golem.

18. Voldomort

Sorry, maybe I wasn't being clear. I was level 27 when I defeated Diablo. I thought I explained clearly, and even moreso in my third post in this topic. It's the part in bold print.
    The build info was just as a sidenote to let people see where I was going with the character(maybe get opinions and feedback), not much to do with the topic, but since when has this board been on topic, anyway, it's my post darnit! I'm sorry if I didn't want to name it Act IV Boss Warning!!! & a great build for a 76 BSpirit Skelly Necro. It's not quite as catchy.

Hope this clears up any confusion. Thanks for the opinions and thanks to the people who understand how I felt killing Diablo for the first time with tremendous difficulty. Also, does act V lag more than the other acts for you guys? BTW, I'm in original resoloution.

19. Voldomort

Bingo! :thumbsup:

20. Necro

Necro IncGamers Member

That would be Soooooo helpful on baal runs where my merc sometimes gets molested by IM. Wish I read that tip loooooong ago.