Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Act III Strategy

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by DruStorm, Apr 4, 2004.

1. DruStorm

DruStorm IncGamers Member

Act III Strategy

Is there anyway to get around having to collect all of Khalims little body parts, completing the Will, Smashing the Orb and them actually fighting all the way down to Meph? I have tried various ways to get around these, but until I kill Meph, my char cannot use anyone else's TP (even to a level she has been to before) to get down there. I hate Act III with such an intense passion. It is absolutely the most boring part of the game, repetitious and monotonous. It really chaps my cheeks that Bliz chose to lock up this act because no one plays it because everyone hates it. So, I would really appreciate any thoughts on how to get around it. Thanks much.

2. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Act 3 easy shortcut

You are in luck, there is a shortcut for Act 3:

1) Make the game so that the quest is available.

2) Get the Trav WP from someone and go kill the council. You should get the Black Temple quest.

3) Get the Durance 2 WP from someone. Kill Meph. Goto Act 4 :)

3. DruStorm

Thank you. I assume you mean that I need to get the Kill the Council quest. I think this is what I have been doing wrong. I don't think I've been making sure that my new char gets the quest. So, if I get the Kill the Council quest, I can then use another chars TP to get to Durance? That certainly makes things easier. Thanks so much. :clap:

4. NorrYtt

NorrYtt IncGamers Member

Actually, I find Act III very fun and do a full clear with my necro. It's Act II that's a completely frusterating waste of time.

5. chubbypuppy

Yeah that's what I mean. Quest 5 I think. I usually can get the first quest (birdy quest) too, since a lot of the time the council drop the jade figurine.

Re act 2: Yeah I hate act 2 as a necro also, too confined for my skellies. If the tunnels were just 2 person wide it would make it a lot more fun for everyone.

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

After getting the council killed, you have to talk to Caine, else you still won't be able to enter town portals into the durance.

7. DruStorm

I guess after awhile parts of all the acts are annoying. Act III seems very long compared to the other acts. You have to go a very great distance in a completely uninteresting landscape to get your quests done in the jungles. You don't get much experience, even when you play at the correct level. I suppose in some respects, I'm just bored. I wish Bliz had done something a little bit more interesting than just make everything harder, create more godly gear, and make the creation of successful character builds even more complicated. Obviously, I still play, just not as much as I used to and with a lot less enthusiasm. Thanks for your comment, though. I certainly have played Act III for all it's worth in the past, so I understand what you mean.

8. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

spider forest and flayer jungle rock. the 3rd map is annoying, only because it doesn't have a quest in it and there are usually gloams.

the 3 kurast towns are awesome too.

9. chubbypuppy

Lots of exp

Once I joined a non rush act 3 exp run, and the exp was superb. It was also very refreshing to just run around and kill things.

Act 3 does get frustrating when you HAVE to find the parts and exits to the next area. The maps are just so huge and easy to get lost in, at least for me...

10. Baboon

Baboon IncGamers Member

i just hate running around those sewers under kurast and that flayer dungeon. that's the main reason i love to skip most of act3.

and ending up in a dead end of the great marsh isn't much fun either ;)

11. Superhal

flayer dungeon rocks! that's like one of the prime xp areas for me with weak characters. except for wraiths, everything gets bottlenecked for easy kills. also, there's tricks for the level 3 maze, like tp or leap attack through doorways.

i try to skip the great marsh, as there is a very good chance (like 33-50%) that it doesn't have an entrance to the flayer jungle. i check the rest of spider forest first for an alternate exit to fj, but only in hell. in nm, gloam hunting is fun, easy, and profitable. :) plus, there are (i'm pretty sure) 3 guaranteed gold chests.

the sewer is sometimes a pain. i found a trick though: if you enter through upper kurast, those entrances are most likely to be close to the sewer grate.

12. hittitian

hittitian IncGamers Member

skip the boring act 3. Id say its a bugged act.

13. Superhal

no way man! just do all the quests like 75 times like me, and you will appreciate what went into a3!!

imho:
    a3 > a5 > a1 & a2 & a4 i hate equally, but as i'm finding really quick ways to get around 1, 2, and 4, it's getting better.

14. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

The only quest you MUST to do in order to go through A3 is to kill Meph. Killing the council is not necessary. You can do it in this way:

1. Get WP to Travical
    2. Enter a game opened of a char who done this act allready. You can´t do council quest in this case but you can enter the Durance and take WP on lvl 2.
    3. Open a game of your own, take WP to Durance lvl2 and kill Meph, go to act 4.

I have done it several times rushing chars for Hellforge quest - it works. Otherwise I think this act can be funny to play - if I am not on hurry. :)