Act III Merc? Block? HELP!

TTTimo

Diabloii.Net Member
Act III Merc? Block? HELP!

So.. I was thinking about hiring an act III merc for my smiter, cause I've always liked them better then the act II mercs, and my smiter really hasn't got any need for some aura. So I was choosing the shield I was going to use on him, and suddenly I thought of block. Do Act III mercs block? If so do they use the same blocking formula as normal characters?

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
I would assume in all likelihood that it's the same.
Their FBR BPs are not listed on the big list of BPs.

It won't matter what his block is anyway. As the only merc who can pretty much never leech life, he's doomed either way. They do have the slowest hit recovery in the game too.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
I'm not sure about it, but it might be the case that an act 3 merc uses the original blocking value of the shield, unmodified by dex and level.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
Orphan said:
Act 3 Mercs don't have a blocking animation, so they cannot block.
ROFLCOPTER.

So, they have low life (the lowest of the mercs?), they can't leech life (except in the rare case they swing their weapon), they have the lowest strength (making it hard to equip them, and indirectly giving them the lowest defense), they have the lowest damage, are the most fragile the slowest hit recovery, they can hold shields but not block with them, and the worst AI (causing them to attack less than the other mercs). Oh, and their one moment in the sun, stacked aura pings, has been patched. Did I miss anything?

Big Boss

Diabloii.Net Member
Merick said:
ROFLCOPTER.

So, they have low life (the lowest of the mercs?), they can't leech life (except in the rare case they swing their weapon), they have the lowest strength (making it hard to equip them, and indirectly giving them the lowest defense), they have the lowest damage, are the most fragile the slowest hit recovery, they can hold shields but not block with them, and the worst AI (causing them to attack less than the other mercs). Oh, and their one moment in the sun, stacked aura pings, has been patched. Did I miss anything?
at least they had a moment of glory...ahhh good times :)