Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

act II merc is just stupid

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by nebux, Sep 16, 2006.

1. nebux

nebux Diabloii.Net Member

act II merc is just stupid

i play a fishy now act 5 hell close to the ancients.
    of course the merc is an act 2 NM ofensive (might), wearing eth Vampire Gaze, Insight and Duriel. and me wearin full Trang's set
    problem is that he is slow on moving. he always is in the back of my army, even the revives are more inteligent that him.
    sometimes he just stay there without moving and i'm unable to change his gear. only option is TP back to town to unstruck him.
    someone else having thoe problems?

2. Hrus

Hrus Diabloii.Net Member

Since I almost allways use A2 mercs, i got quite skillful with leading them. I think that all you need when he is behind is a few steps towards your target.
    Of course the easiest solution is the teleport charges. (amulet,circlet,Spellsteel,Naj's Puzzler)

EDIT: I never experienced a2 merc being stucked that I can't change his gear....

3. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Well my attitude us, he is there for the aura. I don't want him near the battle, he'll just get killed and cost me money. Let the skellies deal with everything. And yes, slow and stupid ... it's what they are.

4. Atil

Atil Diabloii.Net Member

Exactly the same thing is happening to my Act 2 Might mercenary, with a Trang-Oul's Avatar wearing Fishymancer. When he gets stuck, I can open his character screen, but cannot pick up his quipment.

I only noticed this start to happen in Act 5 NM. It is annoying. When my army moves away from him they all lose the Might Aura. As you say nebux, only a TP to town or going through a map sub-level gets him moving again.

5. nebux

it seems to be a bug
    when i'm not wearing trang set he is ok. but now he does get struck every level.
    i was thinking from urdars and other stun type monsters. but he get struck from every monster now. me and my army hate him. even the most brainless creature (aka revives) find his way to me, but him he just stay there.

6. Llathias

Llathias Banned

Why do you blame the merc if the bug is caused by your gear? You damn vampire! go cast some meteors through walls and leech life with fireballs... :angry:

ps. durf option, ftw!

7. PSYCHO

PSYCHO Diabloii.Net Member

That drew quite a hearty laugh from me. Good show.

8. jgreg7

jgreg7 Diabloii.Net Member

Can you have him teach that to my Act 3 merc? This guy loves to run right into the fray: "Hi! What'cha doin' up here?" <dies> You're a caster, you idiot! Get behind me! /rant

9. MageChick

MageChick Diabloii.Net Member

I love my merc - He's probably more godly than I am. He tanks pretty much all day long and never gets tired. He's a key part of my game anymore.

Act 2 HF
    Eth Obedience
    Andy's
    Leviathon

10. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

I think Andy's probably required on and Act II merc becuase they don't regerate as quickly. One of mine has Andy's, Duriels and Insight and he lasts quite well (HF helps). I still prefer my Barb merc who wanders around with a big hurty sword (800 damage), Levethian with 28% ED jewel and a Tal Rashas helm. As an aside I stuck Lawbringer on the Barb on a CS run and he only died once when I wasn't quick enough to teleport him.

But when you need an aura (EG HF on a sorcy who tele's a lot or might for the Fishy) it certainly helps. Can I point you towards Frostburns LI moron thread?

And nice to see you drifting out of the Sorcy Forum MC! :wave:

11. waflob

waflob Diabloii.Net Member

just a thought, looking at your setup ...

Do you really need the insight stick ? I find with full Trangs I have no mana problems at all. Maybe a nice CB stick would be better ?

DelBoy

12. nebux

i like to abUSE of CE alot, so Insight was needed

13. Sumendar

Sumendar Diabloii.Net Member

Problem with the Trang set is that your run and walk speeds are the same, so logically you are walking to keep your block up. I'm guessing the merc AI notices whether you're running or walking, but doesn't make any difference whether you're crawling at 0% r/w in human form or zooming around with Trang set's massive r/w bonus. So the problem is simply that your merc is walking instead of running, and can't keep up.

14. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard Diabloii.Net Member

"Insight was needed"

He's probably just tired of working for you. I know if my boss thought this way, I'd quit too.

15. BabyLink

BabyLink Diabloii.Net Member

This used to happens with the bow merc, She just run in a pack of monsters "Sup guys, can i join ur card game?" Now that i have a desert merc he follows me and tank up everything, even meph cant kill this tuff guy >_<

16. Rhone

Rhone Diabloii.Net Member

Re: act II merc is just stupid

That reminds me, I've been wondering this for a while--why does voting in a poll take you to a completely different poll thread? :p

17. serre

serre Diabloii.Net Member

I just love act two mercs. It just isnt staring at walls, or even disappearing occasionally it the ability to turn into suicidal Sid and attack multishot,conviction and fanatic gloams.Saying that though I would NOT be without one.

18. mattinm

mattinm Diabloii.Net Member

Talk about random necro :p

19. DZJB

DZJB Diabloii.Net Member

Not so random. It's 'cause of the other poll on the first page (1.12 to 1.13).

I have no idea. Guess some wires aren't connected in the right way.

20. jjscud

jjscud Diabloii.Net Member

I don't know either, but its the first time I've been taken to another poll on our sub-forum made by people I know, its almost cause for celebration.

:jig: