Act I merc weapon - need advice

rild

Diabloii.Net Member
Act I merc weapon - need advice

I made a necro with bone prison + mages + lower resist (rest in skeletons) - For merc I decided to use act 1 fire merc. This necro is designed for mf to go in combo with avenger(no mf in pally). I can not take decigion what weapon to use for this rogue. The highest my bow available for the moment is Eaglehorn, but I am not sure that this is proper one - IFAIK ed% bonus is calculated on different way for mercs. My best choise for the moment is Kuko Shakaku - splash fire dmg will going well with LR, avenger's conviction aura and fire arrow from merc. Is this a good idea to upgrade this bow? Also can I use some runewords? Silence or Zefir or ...?
Any other advices about bow are welcome :)

Cattleya

Diabloii.Net Member
The splash damage from the Kuko doesn't work for mercs (although you still see the animation.) It would still be a decent choice, but your might also want to look as Skystrike if you want some extra elemental damage from her.

Eaglehorn looks like it might be a little slow, but I don't have one, so I've never tried it. I think WWS may be my favorite, but the Amp will just be an annoyance to you. For the same reason I wouldn't recommend Passion either (or it's pricey cousin Silence. :) ) Zephyr has some nice mods, and is certainly a good early choice (or untwinked choice) but you can probably do better later on since it looks like you will be twinking. You could also try out Riphook, it is fast and the slow can be nice. (Keep it around for Baal. :) )

If you use one of the exceptional bows, give it a try for a while before upgrading it to see how you like it. I tend to think that most of the faster exceptional bows look like they could be worth an upgrade, you just want to make sure you are using the runes on the one that you want.