act 5

tking716

Diabloii.Net Member
act 5

in many threads, i have seen people mention some sort of "act 5" command. i have looked long and hard, but i have no idea what it is or what it does. can someone fill me in?
 

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
Adding '-act X' (without the quotes) where X is a number between 1 and 5 to your shortcut's Target line will start a new character in that act, at a given level (33, in the case of -act 5).

You start with only your basic equipment though, so unless you're a Sorc or Necro you're pretty much stuck. Also you can't visit earlier Acts without becoming stranded there and having to fight your way back.

In my opinion, the downsides outweigh the benefits, but it's up to you really. (Also, if you want to trade items, you may find that people are unwilling to trade as this command is seen as cheating by many - of course, what you do with your game is up to you, not us :) )
 

tking716

Diabloii.Net Member
oh ok, i gotcha, yeah, i cant imagine i would do this except for char testing, since i dont have any mods at all. and i would certainly never mix these chars with legit chars (i.e. for trading purposes). thanks!
 

Sharakorr

Banned
probably a better way to level faster in sp would be to use the "/players X" command inside the game so that the monsters become harder and give more experience
 

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
In my Set & Unique Worshipper Tourney, one of the participants found a very good use for the -act 5 command. He/she didn´t have any character who had finished Normal, so he/she could not create a HC character for my tourney. A softcore necro starting in act 5 soon fixed that problem.
 

nemar

Diabloii.Net Member
an another good idea I read here was mulling set items. with a 33lvl mule you can wear the items and see the effect of a complete set

(yes I know some set need a level more important than 33)
 

NSXdreamer

Diabloii.Net Member
Sharakorr said:
probably a better way to level faster in sp would be to use the "/players X" command inside the game so that the monsters become harder and give more experience
Yes this worked pretty well. I used to have a sorc getting to lvl 10+ by doing nothing but wacking quilled rat outside rogue camp with her starting staff. :D.
 
i used to use the -seed 10 command (same place as - act 5) in 1.10beta, but they ditched that. ti was gret for gettign characters to lvl 10 by doing 1 clear of the blood moor, although after that you have shamen makign your task impossible as they can regrow faster than you can kill. its seen as cheating but as jiasonzs pointed out, occasionalyl it has a use.
 

(Ø=M)^42

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
i used to use the -seed 10 command (same place as - act 5) in 1.10beta, but they ditched that. ti was gret for gettign characters to lvl 10 by doing 1 clear of the blood moor, although after that you have shamen makign your task impossible as they can regrow faster than you can kill. its seen as cheating but as jiasonzs pointed out, occasionalyl it has a use.
I never heard about the "-seed xxxxxx" command untill a few days ago, and noone wanted to tell me excactly what it was. Is it still useable, or disabled in 1.10-release? (I never use any mods or cheats, but I never trade either, so it doesn't really matter that much to you guys if this is a cheat anyway, no?
 

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
(Ø=M)^42 said:
I never heard about the "-seed xxxxxx" command untill a few days ago, and noone wanted to tell me excactly what it was. Is it still useable, or disabled in 1.10-release? (I never use any mods or cheats, but I never trade either, so it doesn't really matter that much to you guys if this is a cheat anyway, no?
There are a few uses for -seed command but they are considered cheating by most on this forum. in 1.10beta the -seed 10 command increased the number of monsters spawning at the given points. The command now uses the map seed number so that you can choose the map seed you want to use. Notice that most consider it cheating to use this command but it is your game when it comes to SP. Just dont try trading with ligit players if you use such commands.
 
Top