Act 5 Merc Question Please

thedist

Diabloii.Net Member
Act 5 Merc Question Please

Hello everyone I am knew to these forums and have just recently restarted my diablo craze after 2 years of steadiness (I knew it wouldnt last to long lol). But like i said im knew, so not completely sure how these work but this seemed like most logical place to post this thread since i am indeed a sorceress with an a5 merc :D ... i was wondering what the best possibly gear i could put on one was for a blizzard sorceress. Thank you for your suggestions!!!! :D

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi, welcome to the forums.

Well, I had a bit of trouble understanding your last sentence, but I'm interperting it as: "What should I equip my Act V mercenary with?". I hope I'm right. =D

Unfortunately, the few Swords that come with Auras aren't very useful for your Blizzard Sorceress, so the main purposes of an Act V Barbarian will be to:

1) Tank well so you don't get hit and die --> Needs Life, DR, Resists
2) Deal damage to compensate for CI --> Needs good damage

And if you want, then:

3) Keep bosses from running around --> Needs Slow Enemy %
4) Get last hit on bosses --> Needs good balance of MF and damage

These are the attributes on his gear that you generally want to maximize.

Some suggestions below:

Weapon: Doombringer, The Grandfather, Upp'd Eth. Crainte Vomir, Eth. Death, Eth. Destruction, Eth. Grief, Eth. Last Wish, Eth. BOTD. For the Runewords, try and get two-handed heavy damage Swords.

Armor: The Gladiator's Bane, Leviathan, Shaftstop, Duriel's Shell, Fortitude, Chains of Honor, Enigma, Lionheart, Duress.

Helm: Delirium, Vampire Gaze, Andariel's Visage, Crown of Ages, Giant Skull.

thedist

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi, welcome to the forums.

Well, I had a bit of trouble understanding your last sentence, but I'm interperting it as: "What should I equip my Act V mercenary with?". I hope I'm right. =D

Unfortunately, the few Swords that come with Auras aren't very useful for your Blizzard Sorceress, so the main purposes of an Act V Barbarian will be to:

1) Tank well so you don't get hit and die --> Needs Life, DR, Resists
2) Deal damage to compensate for CI --> Needs good damage

And if you want, then:

3) Keep bosses from running around --> Needs Slow Enemy %
4) Get last hit on bosses --> Needs good balance of MF and damage

These are the attributes on his gear that you generally want to maximize.

Some suggestions below:

Weapon: Doombringer, The Grandfather, Upp'd Eth. Crainte Vomir, Eth. Death, Eth. Destruction, Eth. Grief, Eth. Last Wish, Eth. BOTD. For the Runewords, try and get two-handed heavy damage Swords.

Armor: The Gladiator's Bane, Leviathan, Shaftstop, Duriel's Shell, Fortitude, Chains of Honor, Enigma, Lionheart, Duress.

Helm: Delirium, Vampire Gaze, Andariel's Visage, Crown of Ages, Giant Skull.
Sorry about the unclear sentence lol. You nailed it on the head for me thankyou!! :D Exactly what i was looking for! I believe ill go with last wish collosus blade ethereal for sword; chains of honor for armor; and ill do the helmet later lol. THanks again!