Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Act 5 Hell uber diablo?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by luigjes, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luigjes

luigjes IncGamers Member

Act 5 Hell uber diablo?

So, i was in Hell Act 5 with my Chain Lightning sorceress, finished off the ancients and i went to the throne of baal and there were all the act bosses...
    I've never been in Hell Act 5 before, so this was my first time, first Andariel spawned but her name was Colenzo, then came Duriel but her name was Achmel and so on til Diablo, who dropped me a annihilus charm.. All of this was in SP. So i thought i'd try it again and once again they were there...

I read this on The Arreat Summit:

Does anyone know more about this?

Thanks in advance!

2. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

You must be playing with a mod that adds those monsters there instead of the usual waves of monsters baal summon (firs a group of fallen-type monsters, second skeleton mages with those big mummies, thirdly council member monsters like those in act 3, wave number four is venom lords and last is minnions of destruction (unique type that only spawns here)).

Note that the "uber diablo" you fought was most likely far from the real thing.
    learn more about UD here.

3. luigjes

luigjes IncGamers Member

I dont use a mod...

4. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

Sorry but the annihilus charm cannot be dropped in single player unless you are playing a modded version of the game.

If someone else installed diablo 2 on your computer he might have installed a cupple mods that you haven't been told of.
    Common mods among the SP players here are RRM and RWM. The later allows you to make the realm only runewords in SP and the first one color rune popup-texts red to make them easier to spot. For questions about mods I'd probably try asking at the phrozenkeep forum (should be a link in the sp forum iirc, otherwise google is fast).

5. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Kijya is correct, you are playing a modded version of the game.

6. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Silly question alert ... could he be playing single player characters on open battle net?

7. luigjes

luigjes IncGamers Member

No mod...

Dudes, listen I installed Diablo II myself and I never messed around with my Diablo II map, i was playing single player when this happened...

8. luigjes

luigjes IncGamers Member

No mod...

Dudes, listen I installed Diablo II myself and I never messed around with my Diablo II map, i was playing single player when this happened...

9. luigjes

luigjes IncGamers Member

No mod...

10. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

Unfortunately you aren't playing with a purely vanilla (unmodded) version of Diablo. As what you just described simply does not happen in Single Player (nor Battle.net for that matter). There are hundreds of people on this forum that can vouch for that.

You may not be aware of it but somewhere in the past you downloaded a program or file to your comptuer that also contained a mod for Diablo. You may not have intentionally done this, but it happened nonetheless. Playing with a mod is not a bad thing so don't worry, but if that is not what you want then you would need to find this mod's file(s) and erase them. Unfortunately I can't help with this as I have absolutely no idea where they would be, as I don't know which mod that is.

11. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Does the word "PlugY" mean anything to you?

Frankly, I believe you when you say you haven't messed around with your d2 files. But, what you are running IS a modded version of d2 for single player. As said before, there's nothing wrong with this. If you didn't download it, someone else using your computer at some point in the past DID download it or something like it. About the only downside is some people like to play unmodded single player and won't trade with you. :undecided:

12. luigjes

luigjes IncGamers Member

look, i'm not a ****ing retard, i've been playing diablo II for a long time now and i'm also not a computer newbie, i did never download or let anything in the diablo II map, of course i was smart enough to check it before asking this question. Anyhow, you guys tend to make me look like an idiot here...

13. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

i'm not a retart myself too. and i did about 5k runs on hell baal SP and never saw what you say. in mod ES is this thing

14. Solus

Solus IncGamers Member

You have had to download something because there is no way in SP this would happen without some sort of mod maybe you downloaded MH that came with a mod or something were not trying to make you look like a retard as you put it but honestly ive run in SP game before and thats never ever happend at all so, it must be some sort of program.

15. Gorny

Gorny Banned

That's quite enough of this.

This topic is closed.

Do not repost it.

:closed:-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.