Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

-act 5 command. Amazon hybrid question?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Oscar, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Oscar

Oscar IncGamers Member

-act 5 command. Amazon hybrid question?

I had read in the forums about the act 5 command and decided to try it. The reasons for this were:
    I don't get a lot of play time due to shift work, a wife and three kids, probably half an hour a day if I'm lucky.
    So to get to level 30 takes me at least a month.
    I don't enjoy playing in Hell mode as not having much play time I find it hard to advance through the levels.
    Likewise I find Normal boring but like I said it takes me a long time to get through.
    NM on the other hand I enjoy a lot.
    So for these reasons I thought that I would use the act 5 command. After starting my first character and playing for a while I decided that I was not enjoying playing him as it felt cheap and that I had not earned what I had gained so I deleted him. I was about to reset the command settings when I decided that I could test some builds. Like I said earlier it takes me a long time to advance a character and I have tried some builds and not got on with them, the prime example the Hammerdin I persevered with it until level 25 but as much as I tried could not get on with it.
    So I got together all the builds that I had seen and wanted to try and made the character to test. The Frost Zealot was fun to watch killing things in act 1 normal on players8 without having to even swing a weapon.

P.S I deleted all characters created using act 5 command and all the items that they found.

Anyway after my experiment I am now making a Hybrid zon with these skills
    LF 20 general use
    CS 20 boss killer
    Valk 20 tank
    Pierce 10
    1 in all prerequisites
    MA 20 for lightening immunes

Str for gear
    Dex max block
    Vit rest
    Eng base

Will the MA work or would Strafe/Multi be better? Probably won't have much AR.
    And suggestions on gear?

Thanks

Oscar

2. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Ah the -Act5 command. I've not used it and not been tempted to due to the overwhelming amount of build knowledge around here. I feel the same way about the 99 lvl chars (I did download the items out of curiousity, couldn't open them, and said it was all for the better, now they're being deleted).

I also found the skills calculator at the place they sell items, so that helps if I'm running numbers to see if a build is valid (you know, I've never really checked to see if that place is right...hmmm). I guess it's hard when you lack the experience of knowing how much damage is valid, if you haven't matted/patted a character, but that's what this forum is for.

I don't know much about hybrids except that people usually go strafe. Get yourself a titans revenge and nothing but LI's will stop you.

Ask me some assassin questions, and I can help there.

3. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

I will admit I have tried the -act5 cheat and quite frankly I don't like it even if I didn't consider it cheap. What fun is it to start playing in act 5 with clvl 33 and no items what so ever. I could see using it to test out builds and how they will start out ie which order should I start placing my skills in order to be powerful from the get go. But other then that its cheap, a cheat and a considerable "lame", for lack of a better word, way of doing things. I have seen people go from the -act5 cheat and mat/pat characters and never be able to do baal runs in normal because act1-4 are not complete thus no way points. Oh well such is life and I am definately ranting :rant:

4. Greyhound

Greyhound IncGamers Member

Wow, that is cheap. Even if I was going to use this lame way of levelling a real character I would at least put forth the minimal effort to go back and do normal with my level 33 character.

As far as what you said Oscar, since you deleted all the -act5 stuff you did I don't think many people around here will hold it against you. I can relate to having too little time to play, but I don't have 3 kids so you are in a whole other league than me. The reason I don't tempt fate is that I know that the first time I try some little shortcut like this, that Tyreal's Might is going to drop and it will forever feel dirty.... but would I be able to bring myself to delete it?

No, this is why I completely restarted with 1.10 and no longer trade items or take giveaways. I know I am clean.

Have fun!

5. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

Glad to see that you've decided to go 100% legit! :thumbsup:

I know nothing about javazons. Enjoy our build!

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

im not a jav expert, so you may want to ask in the zon forum for more specific build guides, but miss off the bit about the -act 5, as all youll get is a discussion about that. ensuring youve totally delted character and items, and have removed the command, theres nothing to worry about anymore, no-ones going to call you unlegit, unless they are even more pure than AE

7. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

I suppose its not right to ask what the -act 5 command actually is (what a newb!)?
    I would never use it myself but I have an intense curiosity for most things diablo. Is it a char editor or something?

8. tenaka

tenaka IncGamers Member

All is explained in this thread.

9. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Thks tenaka, trust me to miss a thread like that

10. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

Regarding you're Javazon, I'd suggest to put a point in slow missile for easier gloam dodging. If you really like magic arrow(20% magic damage @ slvl20 IIRC) go for it, other sources for a different damage type could even include you're merc as in Holy freeze merc! Then you would have lightning from LF, physical from MA (or slvl1 jab) + slvl20 CS and cold from holy freeze.

For gear, blood crafted gloves are best if you have the funds to roll a good one(takes a lot of tries). Rhyme(runeword: Shael+Eth) shield is nice, as is storm. :D If you don't use a rhyme, ravenfrost is usefull and it saves points in dex and helps ar. I happened to gamble +2 ama skill 5%ll + resists coronet so try gambling if you don't have Valkyrie wing or something better(tal's mask etc.). Good early on(is good for the rest game also if nothing better comes up) is good ol' twichroe armor for the %block, ias, fhr and dex+str. Lionheart(runeword: Hel+Lum+Fal) Also has nice stats and life.

I think you at least got the idea, that anything goes. :D