Act 4 ghost thingys

Holyful

Diabloii.Net Member
Act 4 ghost thingys

Heya there. I've noticed that some of the ... flying things will sometimes fly above the lava. And if someone manages to kill them over the lava, it won't drop anything. Does anyone know a way to stop them from flying over the lava ? Besides killing them because it's sometimes tricky to hit them. Maybe a certain spell or something ?

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
its just an animation similar to the fireballs that fly across in the river too, they can do any dmg to you

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
Many different things on both items and skills make them stay still; basicly freeze, blinds and stunns. Making them move away you have flee propertie and knockback. Making them move closer I can think of bone prison, taunt and attract atm.

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Any non-walkable surface is a non-droppable surface (there may be exceptions in the sewers of act three), so if you can't fly you might as well forget about the drop. The game, however, doesn't decide what to drop then check if the area is droppable, so you're not losing anything except the possibility of a drop. If you pass by chests or such without opening them, then this shouldn't bother you since it's the same thing.

Fingermages are a pain, especially in River of Flame and Chaos Sanctuary. They only run when their health bar puts them below one-third life, I believe, so if you have enough damage to put them into hit recovery you should be able to kill most before they even have the opportunity to run. At the same time, don't chase them. They tend to regenerate a bit and come back to you, but if you chase them before this happens you may force them to the point of no return.

As hard as you might want to kill everything in an area, don't let it bother you. I used to play that way, especially in Diablo, but Diablo 2 on Battle.Net has altered my play style, and it'll alter yours. Just have fun.