Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Act 3 Mercenary

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Wraithan, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Wraithan

Wraithan IncGamers Member

Act 3 Mercenary

I tried to search for this but came up with little that answered my question (I appologize if people have posted this in the past and i missed it). I started a Freezealot, and was lookin to use a Act 3 Fire or Lightning merc. My problem is, what kind of gear do you put on a Act 3 merc, they don't physically attack so a lot of the typical modifiers don't work for them (atleast not to my knowledge)... should I just try and stack FCR and a aura on him? I am lost, any help would be appreciated.

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Theres alot of info in the Merc FAQ about them. i bolded the bits about armour for you.
    Useful mods to look for are FCR, -enemy res, +fire/cold/lightning skills (not sorc only mods though) and MF can be loaded onto the sword (which is very rarely used so look for one with those mods, not base damage)

3. Wraithan

Wraithan IncGamers Member

Thanks for pointing that guide out... still new around here not sure why that didn't turn up in a search.

4. Pico Dynamite

Pico Dynamite IncGamers Member

One question that I wondered since 1.10 came out is do the iron wolf's skills synergies each other, as in does their charged bolt synergies the iron wolf's lightning. I don't think it does, but if it did that would be really cool because I always wanted to see an act3 merc doing some decent damage in hell :)

5. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

It depends which 'search' you use. The 'search' button searches everything, but you need to use 'search this forum' to limit it to just the SPF. Also, the Merc FAQ is an older thread so might not show up as quick... most of our guides and such are linked in the sticky, so that's a good place to check stuff over.

Apparently they do (it was posted some time back by RTB, I think). However they don't benefit from the charge-synergy feature, so that's out.