Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Act 2 Merc

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by SbCaes, Nov 7, 2006.

1. SbCaes

SbCaes Banned

Act 2 Merc

Does stacking plus skill items on the merc. give a better aura. and does having plus skill equipment give ur merc better auras on items? same question about the character? ie beast with +9 to all skill give su higher fanta lvl?

2. TeknoRat

TeknoRat IncGamers Member

Q: Does stacking plus skill items on the merc. give a better aura.
    A: Yes, I believe so although I think I read somewhere that the inherent merc auras are capped somewhere.

Q: And does having plus skill equipment give ur merc better auras on items?
    A: So say he has a lvl 17 meditation from insight, then a +1 skill from another item, such as a vipermagi should boost that to lvl 18. I'd assume this is the same for mercs as my CTA's BO gets boosted by my chars +skills.

Q: same question about the character? ie beast with +9 to all skill give su higher fanta lvl?
    A: AFAIK the lvl 9 fanaticism will get boosted by +skills on your character, however if you are asking if a Paladin w/ Fantacisim will get a +9 boost then no. The higher level aura will override the lower level aura.

3. XxBlack DragonxX

XxBlack DragonxX IncGamers Member

Listen to teknorat he knows what hes talking about.
    Praise the ppl who actually know what they are doing on d2. :smiley:

4. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Except I'm afraid he's somewhat wrong. :smiley:

Yes - For example, a prayer merc wearing a chains of honor and andariel's visage will have +4 to all skills, and his aura (his natural one, whatever he gets without any items on) will be increased accordingly.

No. In the example provided, a level 17 meditation aura on Insight - let's say you had that same chains of honor and andariel's visage on your merc. He'll still only have level 17 meditation. His natural aura gains the bonuses, but not stuff from his gear.

No. In all cases, if it's an aura granted by an item, there's nothing you can do to affect it's level. Although, you CAN wear another item that grants that same aura, and the levels will stack. For example, wearing a dream helm and a dream sheild, which both give level 15 holy shock, will result in you having a constant level 30 holy shock active. However, points your character has invested into holy shock, and +skill gear won't change that holy shock in the least.

5. TeknoRat

TeknoRat IncGamers Member

Yeah please take what I say with a grain of salt as I am still only learning. I try to pass on what I know but even I don't know everything. So just don't always assume the very first person is the right one. :laugh:

6. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Problem with what you said is that you said it with authority. Remember to always doubt yourself, second guess at every opportunity. If you think you're right, it's just God's way of making it all the sweeter when you're wrong. Either that, or you should include some pretty words like "I think" or "IIRC" or "AFAIK". Such pretty acroynms....