Act 2 Merc w/ No Aura?

ladenedge

Diabloii.Net Member
Act 2 Merc w/ No Aura?

This has happened to me on a couple of occasions and I can't find any information about it.. I hire an Act 2 mercenary, but never get an aura. Ever, even after the merc has been in major combat.

Amazon hired a normal offensive (blessed aim, right?) merc *twice* thinking it was a bug the first time. No aura!

Another amazon hires a nightmare defensive merc (holy freeze, right?) and there's no indication that he has any cold abilities at all. Gah!

Has this happened to anyone else? Am I high, or just doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help!

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're low level, the merc will be too - some abilities won't appear until a certain level.

Otherwise, it's just a matter of patience and letting the merc do his own thing.

krmetal

Diabloii.Net Member
It took awhile with my act 2 nm merc to get his arua ( I too thought he was broke). And sometimes now at lvl 45 he still takes awhile to get his butt in gear, but he does eventually give an aura. :scratch:

toader

Banned
It just takes it awhile to activate. All A2 mercs have an aura that will come on eventually, regardless of merc lvl.

Mister-Hat

Diabloii.Net Member
I had this problem with my first act 2 merc on ladder. I finally just gave up and bought a new one. The new one seems to work fine out of the box. Guess the first guy was DOA.

Hoyunah

Diabloii.Net Member
I think the merc has to kill a certain number of monsters first.
Either that or if you jus be with him for a bit the aura will activate.