Act 2 Merc bugged?

Luthor

Diabloii.Net Member
Act 2 Merc bugged?

Well I thought I was being so clever. Getting a mate to rush me through to Act 2 NM so my lightning Sorceress could get a Holy Freeze Aura merc while only being level 21, and then build them up until they are an all powerful right hand man. All was going fine, I picked up a Lvl 16 merc and was happy. At the time I didn't think anything of them only having 40 life as it was the same as all the other mercs available. The merc is now at lvl 19 and still has only 40 life. All other attributes are increasing, but life is still god awful. I've created several other NM games and gone to Act 2 hunting a better Merc, but the only one who was any better was a lvl 22 with all of 42 life. Can anybody enlighten me on this? Is it a bug, or will it sort itself out?
I'm playing on the European realm BTW. I asked in game but nobody else had any ideas either.

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
To be honest I never paid much attention to my mercs total life, it always sorted itself out in the end. I'm guessing because you hired one at such a low level he'll be slow to increase stats for a while.

Poppis

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Act 2 Merc bugged?

Check the Ultimate Merc Guide for stats.

Holy Freeze mercs have 40 hit points untill they reach level 22, when it increases to 42 and then at lvl 23 to a whopping 67.

Luthor

Diabloii.Net Member

Ah, thank you. I was worried I was going to be stuck with a useless merc.
Now my Sorceress is up a few levels I've gone back and hired a lvl 25 merc and he seems to be much healthier.

TheNamelessOne

Diabloii.Net Member

Why do they have such low life, I have a might act 2 merc (amongst others) who is about level 50 and he has about 800 life, why do some have less life?