Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Act 1 merc weapon

Discussion in 'Druid' started by wolfstar, Feb 22, 2004.

1. wolfstar

wolfstar IncGamers Member

Act 1 merc weapon

What is a good weapon for the act 1 merc? I am using a fire one so that I have an additional attack on top of my cold and physical damage. I want the merc to be able to kill effectively on her own without my help.

2. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I assume you have a wind druid.
    A good pvm merc for any char (but goes especially nice with a wind druid) is an act 2 holy freeze merc using reapers toll.
    The holy freeze will compound your hurricane, allow him to tank better, and slow cold immunes that your hurricane can't freeze, and the reapers toll will slow monsters to a crawl and remove a lot of physical immunities so you can kill them with your tornado, they can also do some nice damage.
    If you're insistent on a rogue merc for pvm, then eaglehorn or windforce could both deal some nice damage.

3. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

if you cant afford eaglehorn or windforce, go for goldstrike. i love that bow, its insanely fast, has +%ed/+ar to demons and undead. also, it has that cool chance to cast FoH on an enemy (even tho it doesnt really help much, still looks cool :)).

if its on ladder, you might want to upgrade the goldstrike in later stages of the game, or use an upgraded WitchWild Bow.

quote from snarlin stef:
    "act 1 fire merc
    with upgraded OHM OHM WitchWild Bow (fires level 20 magic arrow and has essentially 100% crit strike AND Amp Dmg)

not to mention that a perfect OHM OHM Upgraded with wild bow does more dmg than WF.... and its CHEAPER (cept the runes keke)"

4. Sim.The.GoSu

Sim.The.GoSu IncGamers Member

I agree with Kaz. WWS and GS are by far the coolest bows of the game. If you mf, then Silence is nice aswell.

5. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

wws is very nice but an upgraded gold strike would be one of the best if you play ladder