Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Act 1 Merc - "Lightning Hose"

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Moonflax, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Moonflax

Moonflax IncGamers Member

Act 1 Merc - "Lightning Hose"

I keep reading about this "Lightning Hose" in various guides. What's being said to simply stack up to +3 all skills on the Rogue, and she will shoot something like a miniature version of Diablo's red lightning blast.

I did this. I gave her a CoH and a CoA. That's +2 to skills.

Did this get removed in 1.11? Maybe it's just a myth. I have certainly never seen anyone using it ingame.

Edit: Scratch that. Just found some info. Apparently disabled in 1.10. Bummer. I kinda liked the idea of there being a use for the A1 merc, but I guess Blizzard didn't...

2. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Yes, it has been fixed.

3. Feetstench

Feetstench IncGamers Member

Pre .09 the Rouge merc did a lot of funky stuff when given a lot of plus to skills.

But I do mean a lot, back then you could get duped/bugged +7 to skill jewels.

4. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

+7 skill jewels could only be made with editors and the like, I don't remember them on the realms.

Anyway, it was bow/xbow skills or +all skills that worked. It was pretty overpowered too, she killed physical immunes like they were made of paper.

5. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

Obviously someone who's never given a Fire Rogue a WWS and used her as a PI solution.

That's also ignoring the rogue's Inner Sight. At high levels, it'll do as much to help your chance to hit as a Blessed Aim merc, if not more.

6. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

The +skill 'bonuses' from pre-.10 were said to be a bug not checked between the last classic patch, which treated mercenaries as an afterthought, and expansion with their ability to wear +skill items. The Rogue, obviously, gained the most advantage, and only +6 was capable of being attained legitimately (Arkaine's Valor, Valkyrie Wing, various bows). A +3 Rogue (Skullder's Ire, Harlequin Crest, non-skill bow of choice) was the best, and my MF Barbarian still has a Fire Arrow (so no shattering) with Riphook - the slowing, leech and open wounds made her very handy, but the IAS helped the lightning, phenominally.

7. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

For the rich among us (not me... :cry: ) there's the Faith runeword too, granting Fanaticism to a number of classes that lack it and require it.

You also need not worry when she's affected by Iron Maiden either.

She's Oblivion Knight-proof. Unfortunately she's not immune to those other 12 Doom Knights wanting to give her a big hug.