Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

acne scaring scarring/mark treatment

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by cyclotronic, Sep 25, 2006.

1. cyclotronic

cyclotronic IncGamers Member

acne scaring scarring/mark treatment

I don't have bad acne, but when i do get a zit or whatever they dont heal properly or something. There will be red marks that feel smooth if i run my finger over them, just red marks that you can see if you get close to my face. This didnt used to happen to me, but in the last year or so they havent been healing properly or something.

Anyone know how i can get rid of these red marks?

2. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

I've got one or two of those, they're tiny but they annoy me all the same. I only got them recently too.

3. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

I don't think scaring your acne will do any good.

4. HockeyChic

HockeyChic Banned

Try Mederma on the scars, and when you do get a blemish treat it twice daily with Tea Tree Essential oil. Just dab a little on the spot and it will go away quickly and will likely help reduce the red mark that would be left. You could also try blending a little Lavender essential oil with the Tea Tree. Lavender helps to prevent scarring. Most importantly--DON'T TRY TO "POP" THE ZIT!!! That will only increase scarring.
    Both Lavender and Tea Tree can be used "neat" on the skin, no need for a carrier.

5. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

I used to have acne a few years ago, tried almost every thing on the market and nothing worked, so then my dermatologist recommended Accutane. That stuff works like gangbusters. If you can put up with the chapped lips and suicidal thoughts (and not get pregnant) then its great.

6. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

I tried everything for like three years, nothing helped. Then my doctor told me to use unscented dove soap. I was cleared up in less than two weeks. I did that for about a year and now I don't have to anymore.

I would go to the skin/beauty department at the mall or someplace and ask their. They probably know better than most of the people here.

7. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Sorry, no can do.

We used to use that, but 1/4 moisturising cream my arse - it dries your skin out worse than ordinary soap. We use sorbolene soap now, it's much better.

8. HockeyChic

HockeyChic Banned

If he starts using tea tree at the first sign, it won't even get to the "popable" stage, it'll gone in a day or so.

9. ModeratelyConfused

ModeratelyConfused Banned

My problem is I get razor bumps after I shave my face. I can't shave with the grain, because I'm left with long stubble. It's like my facial hair is made from steel re-bar. I've noticed that it appears more often on the left side of my face, with the occasional bumps on the right.
    Recently, in class I've noticed something. I end up leaning slightly over the desk and propping myself up with my hand, resting my chin of my hand. As much as possible I've caught myself and stopped putting my hand on my face, and much to my surprise, almost all my razor bumps didn't show up.

Not that this has anything to do with the topic. :grin:

10. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

I see pimple, I pop. That is all.

11. HockeyChic

HockeyChic Banned

I yell at Ski for doing that all the flippin' time. Don't do it!!!!! I very rarely have any problems with my skin, but the second I notice anything creepin' up I put tea tree on it and it's gone by the next morning. My niece has dreadful skin, but once she started using Tea Tree her skin looks 100% better. Trust me, use the tea tree!!!!

12. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Well, I never see them until they're ready to pop anyway. I can't help it, no force on earth could stop me popping one once I see it. It's so satisfying.

I don't usually scar, I only have one or two tiny flat red spots from a few of them. And they weren't even big ones, it's weird.

13. HockeyChic

HockeyChic Banned

Interesting. You should send a pic of you to me so I can see what you're talking about.
    Just kidding, I'll lay off. . .for now. . .