Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Achmel the Cursed and his pack ??????

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by dymi, Jun 27, 2005.

1. dymi

dymi IncGamers Member

Achmel the Cursed and his pack ??????

Hi folks

I have one simply question how kill this bastard with pure bone necro?

Only with merc ?? Also will might mercenary with shaft, tal mask, eth bonehew (amn,amn) be good to survive baalrun ?? i noticed that he dies quite often during the thrid wave (Bartucs council)

2. Bert

Bert IncGamers Member

On the third wave I alway back up a little, so the council members get spread and you don't take several hit's from the hydra's or the red lightning thing they fire.

Once they are summoned they alway immediatly attack, mostly killing a merc in what seems 1 hit.

Just get them spread over the trone room and have patience.

U'r merc should have enoug ll from AmnAmn bonehew and tal's mask

EDIT: you could trow in some curses but then you are no pure bone necro anymore...

Bert

3. Dancolen

Dancolen IncGamers Member

Thought Alchel the Cursed was first or second wave... thinking second...

Bartuc is 3rd
    Lister is 5th
    Ventar? is 4th?

/shrug.

Im not sure what problems your having or I could advise more.
    Throw Gumby up there and fire Spears around. Use Decryptify if you have it to slow them down. Blow corpses up.

4. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

First wave is the fallen, known for nothing
    Second wave is Achel (sp?), known for his strong poison
    Third is the council guys
    Fourth is the fire demon guys
    Fifth is Lister

The problem with Achel is the poison: it's quite strong, it kills minions (even when you're in town... so get healed fast), and it doesn't stop when he dies, but there will be nothing to leech from for a while...

5. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Erh, Immune to Magic reviving beasts? :p If you have CE, just kill enough skellies and blow'em up before they can revive them.

HoD

6. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Use an AI curse such as confuse to group em together and if your in a game by yourself after killing the skellies with teeth/spear amp + spam CE is usually enough to get the first few unravellers to fall for more CE goodness.

If your in a game with more than one player, this won't work as much, so you either have to have a decent merc to finish the job or tell the barb in the corner to get off his *** and do something.

7. Karmaconcarne

Karmaconcarne IncGamers Member

And with bartucs... get your merc some "magic damage reduced by xx" gear, a mal rune could perhaps do the trick.. or don't let him stand still in front of those hydras!

8. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I don't think people mean that they don't touch curses when they say they play a pure bone necro.

Yeah, use that CE man. When you see a pack of canon fodder surrounding any tougher enemy, your necro eyes should light up with glee.

9. Tarantella

Tarantella IncGamers Member

If Im unsure of my capabilities on my first few Baalruns I place a portal 2/3 of the way back from the throne and step through before the merc goes down and to heal and clear curses between waves working on the principal that tp scrolls are much cheaper than a res.

Confuse works nicely on the first few packs and upped ummed vampire gaze or blackhorns and stone are a good combination for the merc.

10. dymi

dymi IncGamers Member

My problem with this guys is not the poison but like HoD said immune to magic :) ok i try my corpse explosion and merc. Also i think that pure bone necro can use some curses :) and gumby :)

11. saveordie

saveordie IncGamers Member

Cast Clay Golem into their midst, quickly bone spear a few of the skellie mages to death, amp the whole pack and start to 'splode them. One of the minions will drop fast, when you blow his corpse the rest will fall (including Achmel). This whole sequence will take you about 15-20 seconds, trust me.

Good Luck