Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Account Hacking?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by flosss, May 14, 2005.

1. flosss

flosss Diabloii.Net Member

Account Hacking?

I have been playing d2 for a while and im starting getting worried about hackers. Is it possible for someone to hack your account suddenly? :confused: Or do the hackers need some kind of info or program on your computer?!?!? I need the truth now :grrr:

2. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

99% of people get hacked by downloading maphack or some other illegal program. The rest get scammed when they visit a website and get a trojan horse. So as long as you play legit and don't visit anyone's diablo site (bot or otherwise) you should be fine.

3. mhl12

mhl12 Diabloii.Net Member

dont fall for scams on bnet as well. people try to get your password through those scams. And never tell you password to anyone including blizz b/c they will never ask you for it.

For common and known scams, check the community forum general rules, guidelines, and info sticky.

4. sensei

sensei Diabloii.Net Member

anything involving duping is a scam. plain and simple.

anything where the person is giving away valuble stuff is usally a scam.

5. Aerath

Aerath Diabloii.Net Member

Can your username/password be hacked ? Yes.

Will that happen ? No.

It's -way- too much effort for a single account. Generally speaking, you'll be fine if you don't do any stupid things.

6. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

dont download anything suspicious

little files called 'keyloggers' can get onto your computer, and then using this file someone on another computer can learn about your account/pass when u log into bnet

7. zirilion

zirilion Diabloii.Net Member

if you type in your pass wrong 5 times or so you get locked out for ages and in the end i had to get me pass reset
    that was a pain in the ass
    well blizz couldhave thought of a shorter pass and an easier one to remember (its randomly generated) but heh i had to alt+tab 6 times to get it down correctly :p

8. kitehellion

kitehellion Diabloii.Net Member

(I agree the passes from bnet are too long, zirilion, but why not just write it down?)

And it is possible, but unless you are packing like...an acct full of some serious God gear, it is unlikely anyone will bother, and as stated before, anything involving a dupe is a scam, always check items in upper trade screen before u click, any *trust* trades are scams, and anything having to do with a Bnet ranking, or some other bs is most likely a scam. Btw, a trust trade, is where there are certain locations in D2, where you drop an item on one side of a wall, and you can't pick it up (unless you go around), so, you may drop an ebotd for a membership to a clan, or... I dunno, for something, and you won't be able to pick it up, and the person on the other side of the wall/object can. And never EVER press crtl and right click on cube...it makes u drop. :scratch: I think thats all of em I can think of...

9. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

i often ask ppl do trust me and give things up front...[ppl from here, not pubby]