acc hacked...

bergbusen

Diabloii.Net Member
acc hacked...

HI.

i recetly got my acc hacked, all my runes from ist> and enigma and so on have been steeled, and all unigue items worth taking, both l and nl. How is this possible and how can i find out who did it?

Im always playing by myself, but last days ive been playing with a person who which i think is ok..? He added my at msn and been taking to me ouside d2.

Advice any..?

Lord Nyax

Banned
No way I know of to find out who did it...

Welcome to our little club. Being haxor'd sucks, but life goes on...kinda...

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
best advice would be to use different passwords for your bnet account and email ect..
to prevent them from hacking any important stuff

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, was your account password the same one you use for anything else, like forums or emails?

bergbusen

Diabloii.Net Member
yes, i think i vrote my e-mail the blizz form, was i really long time ago i registrated the acc.. No it was diffrent pass, not same as other.

u think they send the pass to the email and then got the pass..

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Did you use any third-party programs whatsoever, such as maphack?
Do you use ISO:s and/or some crack?

bergbusen

Diabloii.Net Member
i dont use any crack of any kind, or cheet, dupe, nada. That make my losts very big=). But hell its only a game they say.

I stop playing i think and maybe start playing when/if diablo3 comes out.

Hope they got a realy secure system so all the cheeters are gone, but that i believe is impossible. Why dont have 2 realms, one with cheats, one withwitout. If i saw this guy in public and i knew who he was i realy go berserk on him.

:sad2:

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
yes, i think i vrote my e-mail the blizz form, was i really long time ago i registrated the acc.. No it was diffrent pass, not same as other.

u think they send the pass to the email and then got the pass..

That's what the general assumption seems to be. Those who have had their accounts hacked, if I remember correctly, have all registered their hotmail addresses to their accounts - and many have found password recovery forms in their deleted folder.

bergbusen

Diabloii.Net Member
yes, i already locked in to that but i seems he was smart enough to delete it, but have mailed hotmail for ansver so we will see.

argh.

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
Why dont have 2 realms, one with cheats, one withwitout. If i saw this guy in public and i knew who he was i realy go berserk on him.

:sad2:
They already do. Its called open realm where anyone can cheat as much as they want.

sorry for your loss :(

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I hate cheaters. What kind of thrill do they get from getting OMG super leet gear I R teh uber!!11 gear with absolutely no effort? Where's the fun in that?

... blah blah blah same thing I've been saying for a decade now...

And they can cheat to their heart's content in Open - but no, that's not good enough. They have to come in here and piss everyone off as well. Dumb kids.

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
That's what the general assumption seems to be. Those who have had their accounts hacked, if I remember correctly, have all registered their hotmail addresses to their accounts - and many have found password recovery forms in their deleted folder.
That's what I've been thinking from the start too, and the reason why I've never used Blizzard's registration system. I never NEVER ever wrote my passwords down, including (or especially) in "Blizzard's email registration for your security" :rolleyes:...

The main thing that tend me to think about this possibility is the fact that the people who got hacked lost all their accounts, being active or mule accounts, ladder or non-ladder, etc... even with different passwords on each one of them.

Moreover, what's the link between them all ? The email that's been used for the registration of all these accounts...

But then again, don't take my word for it, I have absolutely no proof and thus, I may be completely wrong :grin:.

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
That's what I've been thinking from the start too, and the reason why I've never used Blizzard's registration system. I never NEVER ever wrote my passwords down, including (or especially) in "Blizzard's email registration for your security" :rolleyes:...

The main thing that tend me to think about this possibility is the fact that the people who got hacked lost all their accounts, being active or mule accounts, ladder or non-ladder, etc... even with different passwords on each one of them.

Moreover, what's the link between them all ? The email that's been used for the registration of all these accounts...

But then again, don't take my word for it, I have absolutely no proof and thus, I may be completely wrong :grin:.
On the other hand you could be completely right :grin:

I hate cheaters. What kind of thrill do they get from getting OMG super leet gear I R teh uber!!11 gear with absolutely no effort? Where's the fun in that?
I tried open for 10? or so minutes, and I realized I rather be my regular crappy self then a char that can clear the whole game in 10 seconds.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I tried open for 10? or so minutes, and I realized I rather be my regular crappy self then a char that can clear the whole game in 10 seconds.
OMG, but then you won't be 1337, and what will all the people on BNet think of you? They'll call you a n00b!

HardyTarget

Diabloii.Net Member
how is it possible to hack acc without pass, noway he can try his way and find it out.
If he had your pass, then it wouldn't be hacking :rolleyes:

There is some way for "hackers" (even though I wouldn't call it hacking) to get passwords for emails and stuff like that, and they just then compare them to your bnet acc.
At least that makes sense to me.

It's not possible to just figure it out on the first try, because as far as I have seen, there are no "failed logins" on the accounts people have said to be "hacked".

I have also seen plenty of people sharing their whole c:/ drive on p2p programs, including all d2 data, maybe you can figure out the pass that way too? Or maybe not, dunno.