Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Abyss Knights: do they have IM?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by lpblasch, Oct 31, 2006.

1. lpblasch

lpblasch IncGamers Member

Abyss Knights: do they have IM?

I'm now on my fourth character in HC, trying to make a Guardian. The others perished at about lvl 60.

Currently, my Concentrate Barb is level 30, about to enter the Chaos Sanctuary, in Normal. I expect to see Abyss Knights there, and the question is whether or not they have IM? I'd like this character to survive and want to take proper precautions.

Here is the excerpt from the Arreat Summit:

"Doom Knights and Abyss Knights have an innate Spectral Hit ability (random elemental damage).

Abyss Knights and Oblivion Knights have a ranged elemental attack which can be blocked with a shield. Abyss Knights can use Bone Armor.

Oblivion Knights are known to be one of the most dangerous enemies in the game for melee characters. Oblivion Knights use the following Skills: Bestow (heals others), Bone Armor, Bone Spirit, Decrepify, Iron Maiden, Lower Resist, Weaken, Life Tap, Amplify Damage (wow!)."

Since the tex is silent about Abyss Knights, I'm seeking your experience/knowledge here.
    Thanks.

2. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

Nope, only Oblivion Knights cast IM. You can safely melee around Abyss nights. (Doom nights are fine too, but they often travel with Oblivion Knights.)

3. Sir Lister of Smeg

Sir Lister of Smeg IncGamers Member

But the ones you get in Chaos Sanctuary are oblivion knights, not abyss knights, so be very careful (use berserk or a ranged weapon).

4. Day

Day IncGamers Member

Defintely use Beserk but watch your mana orb. If you have no mana you do a normal attack even with Beserk and oops you are dead. Mana burn can be lethal.

Also watch out as beserk doesn't leech life. So keep more of an eye on your life bulb as it will drop faster and not recover as it when using concentrate. if you are not prepared for the difference you can get into trouble.

5. lpblasch

lpblasch IncGamers Member

Thanks, I WAS surprised to see Oblivion Knights instead of the Abyss guys; I managed to use Berserk, and the merc did the rest. Still alive, and on to Act V. I'm sure it will be more of a struggle in Nightmare and beyond.

6. Throndhart

Throndhart IncGamers Member

When you get to that point again, I recommend you taunt the abyss knights (OK can´t be taunted) so that they move away from the OK´s. Retreat, and let them follow you, and you can usually kill them without having to worry much about Iron Maiden, which means that you will want to still use berserk, just in case, but can allow yourself a few hits with concentrate to get some mana/life back.

7. Suiling

Suiling Banned

One question arose when i read this. Does IM do damage on ranged attackers?

8. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

No.

neitherdoestenchars