Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Absorb Question

Discussion in 'PvP' started by jakoeloema, Jun 5, 2005.

1. jakoeloema

jakoeloema IncGamers Member

Absorb Question

Hi Does any1 knows wat the max absorb is 4 pvp kinda confused some say its around 75% other says its 100% o_O i think it was 50% max absorb
    ( absorb for element atacks like lite,fire,cold etc)

can any1 give me corect answer because i couldent find that info in the arreat of summit site!!#%@#@#$$%#@#

Ty :D

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

absorb works like instead of taking that element dmg, it heals you instead. It's a lot better than resists and many people view it as bm in duels.

3. jakoeloema

Nice answer but i actualy knew that :uhhuh: my answe was how much % max absorb u can have is there a cap on it ?

4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

I read somewhere that 40% was the capped max. Not sure about it though.
    But think about it. 50% would mean you couldnt be hurt by it since you would heal just as much as you were hurt.
    51% means you would heal...

5. CalloftheHaunted

CalloftheHaunted IncGamers Member

Hmmm...rising sun gives 1+ to fire absorb per lvl...which means that fire absorb would logicly be capped at 100.

6. LorveN

But rising sun doesnt use percentages. It absorbs the amound of damage showed on the screen

7. jakoeloema

Alrite then Ty 4 ur replies and i gived me a clue about it , but i rather had the 100% corect information :uhhuh:

8. Jerkazoid

Jerkazoid IncGamers Member

absorb% capped at 40% effective
    +absorb has no cap

order goes

1) absorb%'s
    2) +absorb.

1) heal
    2) take dmg

9. CalloftheHaunted

So my rising sun only saves me for 79 dmg o_O that sucks!

10. LorveN

79 absorb means that if you got 158damage from something, you wouldnt get hurt, since half of the damage will heal you instead.
    thats great in pvm.

11. CalloftheHaunted

Yeah but I doubt that hell Vampires only dmg 158 mith their bad ass meteors^^

12. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Take a 12k fireball, and 75% resistances (Stacked to account for facets, of course)

pvp penalty knocks that to 2k
    Resistances knock that to 500
    If you're insistant on BM, 2x dwarf stars effectively cut that to 200
    79 fire damage absorbed cuts that further to 42 damage.

Yeah, that sucks.

13. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

According to d2data, they have a level 12 Meteor. Assuming they use the same Meteor as sorcs, that is 397-439 (418) avg. So with 75% res:

418 * .25 = 105 damage.

So, if my math is correct then you should be healing from those with 79 absorb from Rising Sun.

14. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

If you want a char that can literally INVINCIBLE to own ALL casters, make a WW Barb with MAXED Natural Resistance, 4x 4os Monarchs each socked with 4x LO and such giving you 95% all resistance even with REALLY good Conviction / Cold Mastery, and then get as much +absorb (+%absorb can be used but +absorb preferred), and then you will be INVINCIBLE. With this, I assume Melee chars with stacked 290's will have trouble on you.... The longer you live the longer the psn heals you... The more the psn heals you, the longer you live.

Lol imagine a 50K< Rabies Druid attacking you... It heals first so you literally have 0% chance of dying, and 1% for your life to go down by 1 if it gets hit by the Griz Bear... doubt it though...

Actually if you're dueling someone else at the time like a Zealot, your hostile friend can be just casting Meteor everywhere on the ground for you and you will kill the Zealot with so much ease even if you're Decreped / Life Tapped / Amped.

- Dennis

15. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

No. Just, no.

First off, maxing natural resists is always a bad idea because of diminishing returns. Once you get past a certain level, it just ceases to be worth putting more points in because you will get very little gain. The most you can expect from Nat Res is around 50-60 res.

A 4 Lo shield will raise your cap for res to a potential 95% but then you actually need to get enough res to get to that cap. Once you get that, then you need to stack a ton to counter -res from Conviction and Cold mastery. A 4 Lo shield does NOTHING if you don't have around 350+ light res to counter a Conviction aura. You will need alot more to negate cold mastery, having 95% cold res does you no good without alot stacked, thus you would be far better off with a 4 p saph shield. You are still most likely not going to be able to stack enough res to negate a Blizz sorc if they have an Infinity merc. Either way, it is practically impossible to fully negate a good FoHer and Blizz sorc at the same time, let alone all the elements. 95% res cap is overrated.

Are you saying you can heal from psn? Because, if you didn't know, there is no psn absorb in the game. Only length reduction and +max res.

Lastly, a full absorb build won't beat all casters. There are alot of non-elemental casters like Bone necros, Windies, and Hammerdins.

16. jakoeloema

Topic Get out of Hand :rolleyes: