Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Absorb Items?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by RayKslayer, Jun 14, 2005.

1. RayKslayer

RayKslayer Banned

Absorb Items?

Are items like Tgods belt with lightning absorb important for a wind druid?
    Reason I ask, I notice that Cyclone Armor give resists to all elemental attacks minus poison.
    This has me thinking that maybe I don't need specific gear for lightning, fire and cold aborbs.

By the way I am a lvl 94 druid in hardcore and yes still trying to twink my gear for optimum performance.

I have experimented with lots of gear minus any great runeword armor.
    I use an Upped P. Viper(ummed), Jalahs, Mara's, Sojs, HOTO, SS and experiment with gloves, boots and belt set ups.

Thanks..

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I'd say that cold/fire absorb isn't very important, but some lightning absorb from Thundergod's or other source can still be very nice. Gloams can relatively quickly penetrate your Cyclone Armor and once it's down....That said Wind Druids are more protected from the elements than other casters so I wouldn't make it a priority to get absorb.

3. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

In HC, is absorb mandatory?

As far as I know, in PvM nothing does such IMMENSE elemental dam that you can't live even recasting Cyclone Armor once every 10 sec, so you're fine w/o sorb gear I would think. I really don't know much about HC though.

- Dennis

4. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

In single player FE does huge fire damage as well as physical damage, gloams do 5 attacks worth of their normal lightning damage in stead of the 1 attack you should be recieving, the snakes that shoot poison (bonespear like skill) deal their damage 5 or more times combined together.

Even though bnet has some of the buggy elemental damages fixed, the elemental damage in single player without the serverside patch can be huge and a bit of absorb may prevent that untimely death.

And yes PvM is the style I am refering to.

5. RayKslayer

RayKslayer Banned

Thanks for comments.
    Coyote