Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Absolute Least Amount Of Strength

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by CeLLYCeLL, Oct 15, 2006.

1. CeLLYCeLL

CeLLYCeLL IncGamers Member

Absolute Least Amount Of Strength

hey guys new to the forums. im trying to figure out the least amount of strength required for a pvm ww barbarian. my brain hurts because I feel im leaving some items out. i have a good chance of maybe getting a perfect anni and and perfect torch and imp brow so thats 60 str. plus my base str which would mean i would have 90 str without putting any points in. so to equip cb i need 142 str. i need 118 to reach arreats. so i take my 90 i would have to add 28 str. so then i would have 118 plus the 20 i get from arreats would give me 138. i would then add 4 points. i need 32 points for a total of 62 as my base str. im a perfectionist and mainly because i want to have crazy high vit. yall probably wondering why im asking this. any help if my numbers are off.

archon fortitude
    2xebotd cb
    ravenfrost
    bk ring
    gore riders
    arreats
    imp brow or highlords ammy?
    verdungos
    steel rends
    anni
    barb torch

2. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

Is this Imp Brow a duped item by any chance? If so, you're not allowed to talk about them here.

3. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

First off, discussion of duped items is not allowed.

Second off, Highlord's>any amulet.

Third off, rends suck. Use LoH.

Fourth off, +skills do no good to Barbs, except for Singers, so ditch the bk and replace it with a dual leeches ring.

Now, let's see:
    Your heaviest item would be your EBotds at 142 STR.
    You got a total of +(15+40+20) STR.

Now, you will need to do it like this:
    142 - 24 = 118 (4 points from torch, 20 from arreat's)
    118 - 15 - 20 - 16 = 67 (20 from anni, 15 from dracs and 16 left from torch)

And the other way around:
    67 + 20 = 87 (base + torch)
    87 + 15 + 20 = 122 (base+ torch + dracs + anni)
    122 + 20 = 142 (base + torch + dracs + anni + arreat)

So 67 base str. Meaning you put 37 points. And that's with Highlord's.

4. d00m2k

d00m2k IncGamers Member

Enigma is incredible for PVM. MF, Teleport, +str? I have 0 pts in str, and I use basically all the same gear, with a Stormshield (156str)

5. kohlman

kohlman IncGamers Member

You can find some rings with 20 str. just to equip the swords, then the swords can carry themselves and it will give you the str bug but at the same time you wont have the cool look of dual CB's.

On mine, I have some gear (rings with 20 str) that allow me to wear my gear that allows me to wear my swords, then they give a total of 60 so from there I can wear just about anything I want.

6. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

good luck finding 2x rings with dual leech, +120 AR, +20 str on both, possibly +life and +dex.

7. kohlman

kohlman IncGamers Member

I dont use them for everyday play, just to equip one ebotd cb then that allows me to slap on anything else I want, then I take off the 20 str and 12 str ring, and put on another ring for each slot, 1 BK and 1 Ravenfrost.

I assumed he knew that he could take them back off after getting the rest of his gear on. It might take some time but it pertains to the minimum str needed and if he doesnt plan on dying much (max vitality), then I think it is just an idea to try since he wants to limit his hard stat points to a minimum if possible.

So, after you get your gear on using these rings, you could take them off and replace them with whatever rings you want to, since your botd's give you +60 all stats (str included) so you should have plenty of stat points.

8. RoXoR

RoXoR IncGamers Member

i got a base str BvC that can bug a fort :/