About WW barb

bohooho

Diabloii.Net Member
About WW barb

So afterall WW is still viable in hell pvm and pvp with uber gear??
I really like to play a WW barb since I had one in 1.09 and it was fun to play a WW barb. Conc and zerk are just very dull skills IMO =)

Can someone please tell me what gears are required for both mf and pvp??
And some suggestions on how to spend skill pts and stat pts for a WW barb?
Thanks a lot

xtc_sazabi

Diabloii.Net Member
i'll put up the stats/gear on my new lvl 77 dueler:

Max- Weapon mastery
max-WW
max-BO
16 points in shout but eventually max

rest in Iron skin, i have 1 point in natural resistence and it suits me fine, since i have a caster setup a melee setup, and various diff setups as the situation calls

MELEE GEAR

Arreats
Eth valor
Angelic Set ( 1 ammy 2 rings)
Verdungos
SS
Botd Zerker
Steelrends
Gores

CASTERS
Enigma or Guardian Angel
dwar stars or wisp projectors
maras
T-gods
SS
Botd Zerker
Arreats
i can hit about 78% resist all, and 85% resis lightning.

stats:
Str: 74
Dex: 138
vit: rest
eng: does anyone ever?

bohooho

Diabloii.Net Member
I wonder if Eth Botd CB is a good choice since i have one and i alrdy put a pt in sword mastery.
But ppl told me eth botd zerker is better
is there a huge difference??
Cuz i like using sword better it looks nicer on my barb =)

Ifrit18

Banned
Both have a range of 3. Beserker axe has lower requirements. The beserker axe is ahead of the colossus blade 1 handed by avg of 4 dmg. Only a slight difference but noticeable.

iceball_aarf

Diabloii.Net Member
Eth Botd Colossus Blade = Eth BoTD B.Axe in everything except requirements, the axe has less requirements... but on the other hand the CB allows you to go 2H if you feel you need to... i would rather spend a little more stats and be more versatile with the blade :D...

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
iceball_aarf said:
Eth Botd Colossus Blade = Eth BoTD B.Axe in everything except requirements, the axe has less requirements... but on the other hand the CB allows you to go 2H if you feel you need to... i would rather spend a little more stats and be more versatile with the blade :D...
Except for damage, and regular swing speed. The CB caps out at 499 damage or so on a perfect, 415% BotD, while the Berserker caps out at around 545, so after skill and item ed, it ends up addings a few hundred more damage, which is doubled on deadly and critical strikes. It also hits the last one-handed swing frame 22% ias sooner than the CB, which is a big difference. That part doesn't matter for whilring though, I just wanted to point it out and bring up the fact that the zerker has a good deal better damage.

The versatility is the sword's only real advantage in LoD anymore, but I don't really see it as that important. I figure you should generally just be one or the other, and almost always advocate the use of a shield.

-Hal

xtc_sazabi said:
i'll put up the stats/gear on my new lvl 77 dueler:

Max- Weapon mastery
max-WW
max-BO
16 points in shout but eventually max

rest in Iron skin, i have 1 point in natural resistence and it suits me fine, since i have a caster setup a melee setup, and various diff setups as the situation calls

MELEE GEAR

Arreats
Eth valor
Angelic Set ( 1 ammy 2 rings)
Verdungos
SS
Botd Zerker
Steelrends
Gores

CASTERS
Enigma or Guardian Angel
dwar stars or wisp projectors
maras
T-gods
SS
Botd Zerker
Arreats
i can hit about 78% resist all, and 85% resis lightning.

stats:
Str: 74
Dex: 138
vit: rest
eng: does anyone ever?
Man, how can u wear arreat, ss, valor and most of all steelrends when u have only 74 str. Not to say valor can be worn only from lvl 85 up (from what I remember)? It does not add up at all... No enigma, no nothing to boost str... except botd, but still not enough...

xtc_sazabi

Diabloii.Net Member
If i put on my enigma and then take it off, i have 164 Str, enough to carry a valor, which reqs 155. and this is my planned setup, and what my old barb used to wear.

xtc_sazabi said:
If i put on my enigma and then take it off, i have 164 Str, enough to carry a valor, which reqs 155. and this is my planned setup, and what my old barb used to wear.
Man, I quit posting on this thread, something is realy wrong. Forget I even said anything...

bohooho

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh and should i pump str or vit?
for pvp , str increase dmg but vit is more important IMO...

oh and i should pump iron skin with the rest of my pts rite?

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
Vit, as damage isn't as important now that leech is nerfed, and yes, pump ironskin with leftover points for pvp.

-Hal