Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

about triggering the world event

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by [FLS]prozerran, Feb 29, 2004.

1. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

about triggering the world event

assuming that it's triggered by selling a certain number of SOJ's...

This probably sounds stupid but can I simply sell and buy it back moments later and start the counter?

It won't cost 1 million gold just to buy it back right?

2. xAnjelofLytex

xAnjelofLytex IncGamers Member

I don't know alot about the WE, but I don't think you ACTUALLY selling SOJ's is gonna do it. Do realize that he can spawn in ANY hell game, and maybe if you are lucky, in yours :D.

I am not really educated on the whole SOJ counter dealio..

Sorry.

~Anjel

3. Trigger Finger

Trigger Finger IncGamers Member

if u are in a game where u get various soj messages then sellin sojs will improve ur chances. Once u sell a soj, however, u can NOT buy it back.

4. bluey424

bluey424 IncGamers Member

You know, people say that you can't buy it back, but I have. I mean, after he spawns, if you buy them back ... what's it going to do? Unspawn him? Just make sure you drop the soj in a place that it will put it up for sale or you're sol.

5. weirdbeard

weirdbeard IncGamers Member

I really dont think it matters that much whether or not you do the selling, but whether or not you're in a game displaying the soj counter. A friend of mine is 4/4 on just staying in the game once the counter shows and eventually spawning dclone.
    or maybe he's just lucky.
    knowing bliz they're probably changing how he spawns every couple weeks jsut to mess with us

6. WitchCoven

WitchCoven IncGamers Member

Well, I sold a SOJ once just to test the theory (of selling and buying back), and the SOJ disappeared instead of going to the merchant screen. I sold to Akara, so it wasn't an issue of not having enough space on her MISC tab.

I figure Blizzard wants the SOJs to vaporize.

7. Talon0835

Talon0835 IncGamers Member

Blizzard wanted all the duped SoJs from WAY back in Classic to get sold so they'd disappear which is sort of working as many people that have non-ladder accounts are selling their SoJs so they can spawn DClone for their Ladder characters.

8. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

he showed up in my game and I've NEVER found or sold an SOJ in years. So it has nothing to do with the SOJ counter. it only counted like 4 times in that game,a nd I've been in games where I saw it count like 10+ times and nothing.

9. spellegren

spellegren IncGamers Member

YOU don't have to sell the SoJ's. The server keeps a record of SoJ's sold, when it hits the magic number (between 75-120 sojs sold since last DClone spawn) it spawns DClone in every elligible game on that entire server. So thank the nice people for selling off their excess SoJ's for your Anni charm.

10. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

I remember reading a thread talking about how it's the server in which the game is hosted on that is important. Supposedly if people start selling on a specific server and it's the server that your game is hosted on then the entire server will spawn the Dclone on all the games. Of course this can be urban lore since there's no way to verify (FYI supposedly there's a way to jump around until you find a server in which SoJs are being sold... again probably legend like the Chat Gem).

11. Araquiel

Araquiel IncGamers Member

There is a way to verify this, actually. It's called netstat, and it's a networking utility that comes with Windows. Just type netstat on the command line and you'll see a listing of all open and active ports on your system. Look for:

63.240.202.xxx:4000

where xxx is some ip address. This is the address of the Server your game is connected to. Just get two accounts on the server, (ie the xxx being the same number. The 1st three should always be the same, but might not. I'm not too sure how large a subnet they have.) one w/ SoJ's and another on the Ladder, and start selling them. You'll see the counter start going up in the other.

Happy Hunting.

12. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

A WE (World Evant = Diablo clone) takes place on a server - there are 255 different servers that host Diablo games for each realm (at least, there are 255 in Europe). Araquiel already explained how you can see which server you're on. When the WE is triggered, the Diablo Clone appears in all Hell games on the same server. Once he has spawned, the SoJ counter is not reset, but the old SoJ don't count anymore. New SoJ have to be sold to trigger the WE again. 75-125 SoJ need to be sold - there's a chance he may appear after 75, and at 125 he will appear. All SoJ sold at that server will count towards bringing about the WE. So SoJ are necessary to call forth the clone, but you can get him without selling a single one, just by being on the right server.

13. Codename_Snake

Codename_Snake IncGamers Member

*claps* Good Explanation. I cannot believe that people still are 'guessing' what triggers dclone to appear. It's not a guessing game anymore, hasn't been for quite some time now. Noob or no Noob ... READ before you post. I'm sure you could have easily found how to spawn the dclone and how to ip walk.
    Wow... people still wondering how to spawn dclone.... Wow...

14. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

We killed him again last night on US East at around 12-12:30 eastern time. Another Anni for my mate.

PS: a WW barb with a bonehew and berzerk owned him hard. Can't heal and goes down quick even for my lvl 80 barb.

15. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

i may be off on this, but i believe the soj sells for 3k gold tops. uniques like that really have a low selling value. this might have changed, but i doubt it.

oh, and the original overload of sojs were not duped, they were legit items. granted a lot of the sojs were probably duped or hacked, but the original bunch weren't. way back then, gambling for uniques had a much better chance attatched to it and there was hierarchy of unique rings (meaning to drop a soj, a manald and a nagel had to be in the game, but then it was guarenteed). that plus a gambling hack (see before you buy) created a multitude of sojs. even without the gambling hack, a gf char could just buy rings and getting a soj wouldn't take too long.

about getting DC, there is a really simple way to get him to spawn. there is a bug in the outer cloister where if you click to run, you run into a wall and the game registers you as running while you are standing still. its only in one spot, but it works. just do that in a game that has a counter and go to bed. by morning (or after work/school for those who wake up only when needed) DC should be spawned.

16. TitanCentaur

TitanCentaur Banned

Could you give more detail on this? Where exactly in Outer Cloister?

Thanks ahead,

17. wangboBW

wangboBW IncGamers Member

Me to, and whow does that work? What place in the outter cloister?
    Cool, I do realize that a lot of the sojs from classic were just gambled, but most of the sojs on the realm at non-ladder (at least 1/2) is duped.

18. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

ok, its hard to explain without being in the game to show you, but i will try.

the outer cloister is the place between the tamoe highlands and the barracks. notebly this is where i prefer to start my pit runs from. its a courtyard type placey. the place is the door you enter to first get to the outer cloister. make sure you are on the north east side of the door and that it is closed. (also kill the monsters around it so u don't die.) diagram time:

\
    _\*
    __\ (door)
    ___\*
    ____\
    _____\ ~(you)

stand where the diagram says you are in relation to the door and click on the closed door. you will (if done right) run into the side of the door and keep running there. others will see you as stationary, but the game counts it as you moving. if the door is opened, you stop.

i did this while i slept one night, but it wasn't in a game with a counter, so it didn't accomplish anything. but it proved to me that it works.

19. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

In my opinion, about 90% of the SOJs should be duped. I know in Uswest, during the time of the duping spree, almost EVERY game I went into, the floor was covered (I'm serious) with SOJs, 1.08 Valors, 1.08 Shakos, and all that junky crap.

Also, IMO, this world event will just lead to more duping.

20. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

your a pessimist. the arguement to that is that blizzard has found ways to delete duped items. so some to most of the duped items were deleted.

the world event like every new item in 1.10 will lead to newer and more items being duped, but if you look at that, then you are looking under a magnifying glass. most ppl don't mess with dupes or never play long enough to know too much about them.

i didn't log on during the recent duping spree, but the reports i read on dii.net were what you said. but why worry about them? its pointless.