Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

about trade items

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by nikstone, Mar 4, 2004.

1. nikstone

nikstone IncGamers Member

about trade items

Usually, when I find an item and decide to keep it, I identify and repair it.
    My stashes are full now with hundreds of identified and repaired items.
    While trading I have noticed that some people send me unindentified items.
    Am I missing something out here, should I start to do the same as them?

2. Johney

Johney IncGamers Member

I don't think it matters, people are just to lazy to identify items, and after you play for so long, there is no need, you know what everything is :)

3. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

unidentified=unhacked

at least, that's what I heard. something about hacked items not being able to be listed as unidentified

4. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

I don't usually identify any of my items unless I need to use it on a character. I collect items for my Grail so it doesn't realy matter if its identified because you know what the item is by the Item Type Name.
    Example "Shako" you know its Herlequin Crest. Also you can always read the stats when you mule it with ATMA.

Other people go ahead and Identify their Items. I guess it's just an individual perference.

Takis (El_Greco)

5. Kaelin

Kaelin IncGamers Member

Personally I just don't carry any ID scroll's, and it's a big waste of time (time=items) to go to Cain or buy the things....No real point to IDing anyway, unless you're going to use it.

Regards,
    Kaelin

6. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

actually this is not really the case... it is just as easy in SP to hack an unIDed item as an IDed one. just means you have to change one more 0 to a 1.

as others have said, it really doesn't matter whether you ID the item or not. if you recognize it and know that you aren't going to use it any time soon, then go ahead and leave it unidentified.

i did just recently mule an item on to a char using ATMA (literally in to the weapon slot) and i couldn't figure out why it wasn't showing up on the char when i started the game... turns out that ATMA lets you equip unIDed items! :teeth:

7. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

I identify all items I find. I did it before I found this forum and is is somekind of a habit for me. Now when I have MFed a lot it has became a reflex, it was really hard at the beginning of the MFO not to id them, I really had to concentrate :D

And it is not a waste of time to go see Cain, few sec aren't that important. And usually I pick every jewel and charm, so it is nice to id them and throw instantly away if they are crap

I have always traded identified items and no-one has complained about that. But maybe it would be better to trade them unid :scratch:

8. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

That's a throwback from the days before I invented the D2X (stash) format. I figured you would need all the space you can get if you are going to create lots of character mules. Maybe that feature is not so useful anymore and should be phased out.

--T

9. farting bob

farting bob Banned

but what if its a item that normally has variables in, like 1-3+skills, 50-200%ED, would you people ID these?
    i ID everythign, often cause if its a hgih lvl unique i dont kwno there stats off by heart (im sorry..) so want to marvel in its glory.

10. vajurewi

vajurewi IncGamers Member

its true that uniques can stay un-id'ed unless you are going to use,
    but I find it worthwhile to check the mods on yellow and blue items - lately Ive had some luck finding the Jeweler's prefix on items, resulting in some good mods and max sockets on items. normally blue items rarely ever get picked up though...

11. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

FB: if you want to see the stats on an item w/o IDing it, you can just check it out in ATMA, so there isn't really any need to ID it if you don't want to... not like it really makes that much of a difference though.

vajurewi: if you are looking for blue items, you will probably find it more efficient to just "shop" larzuk (or anyone else) for the type of item you are looking for. for example, i know people have found a Mechanic's Sacred Armor of the Collosus by shopping for a while.

Tenshi: i don't think that the current system in ATMA is a problem. it could be handy in certain situations still, and it definitely doesn't cause any problems... it was just funny. :D

12. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

I usually ID all the stuff. Since I only keep two copies (more if useful) of each item, I ID the ones I just found, and if they are on the lower stats side, I just sell/toss them.