About to beat myself to death with blunt object..

Youma

Diabloii.Net Member
About to beat myself to death with blunt object..

I'm a lvl34 dual-wielding speed assassin, and I just realised my merc is only lvl20. Know any good places to level up? : P
 

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
Act 4 is pretty handy for a level 20 merc - once (s)he hits level 25, you should be able to take them through Act 5 and have them catch up to you quite quickly.
 

Youma

Diabloii.Net Member
It doesn't seem to work too well, he only went up 2/3 of a level on all of act 4 (less than me). It's an act 3 ice-merc by the way.
 

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
at level 20-25 the best place to be is Flayer Jungle and areas around there, lots of monsters and good XP.

For even better XP, let him kill the most monsters, he gets 2-3 times as much XP when he kills them himself.
 

Aegon

Diabloii.Net Member
I've always found my Merc's to level the fastest in the Act 2 Canyon of the Magi, especially when they're such a low level. As long as you let them kill everything, their Xp should skyrocket. Or maybe I'm just deluded!
 
Aegon said:
I've always found my Merc's to level the fastest in the Act 2 Canyon of the Magi, especially when they're such a low level. As long as you let them kill everything, their Xp should skyrocket. Or maybe I'm just deluded!
Arcane Sanctuary works well, also. Wherever you do it, let the merc do the killing. After he hits lvl 26, bloodruns.

NB :)
 

batmann

Diabloii.Net Member
arcane sanctuary and tal rashas tombs is the way to go. Mercs are horribly slow to level up when they're 1-30.
 

Youma

Diabloii.Net Member
Tombs of tal rasha turned out to be the best place, you can herd in the corridors and pack them up in the doorways.
 

Yavanna

Diabloii.Net Member
Hire a new merc?

My favorite places are the Kurast Sewers and the Arcane Sanctuary. Nihlathak's Temple is also great, if you're in act 5.
 

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
Yavanna said:
Hire a new merc?

My favorite places are the Kurast Sewers and the Arcane Sanctuary. Nihlathak's Temple is also great, if you're in act 5.
Hmm...oddly enough I agree with Yavandalizer, hire a new merc perhaps an act 2 nm holy freeze, or a act 2 normal might merc for some extra damage. Act 3 mercs are teh suk.
 

Youma

Diabloii.Net Member
SuggestiveName said:
Hmm...oddly enough I agree with Yavandalizer, hire a new merc perhaps an act 2 nm holy freeze, or a act 2 normal might merc for some extra damage. Act 3 mercs are teh suk.
Firstly, he's already at lvl31, thanks everyone. Secondly, he's very important to my build for several reasons. Thirdly, I have already used mercs from all the other acts several times, and I'd rather try something new regardless.
 
Top